Menu
FernanZ
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My contract has been renewed and I didn´t know anything!

Hi all,

I've been for more than an hour trying to solve a few problems with my broadband line and at the end I´ve been told that my contract was renewed on October, when I moved the line to a new address.

I requested to move the line by phone call and nobody told me anything about renewing the contract and I didn't receive any contract (not by email and not by letter), but they insist that they did.

The technician that came on October to make the line transfer gave me a paper about the transfer, but not a contract to sign and send back to Virgin Media. Now, instead of being able to finish my contract in March/April (that's when I signed the first contract), I have to keep paying until October for a contract that I DID NOT SIGN AND SEND BACK. And they just say that the contract was sent to my email address but I don't have anything on my Inbox, so they now just clean their hands saying that the 14 days already passed and the contract cannot be canceled...

I was very happy with VM but now I feel completely tricked...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My contract has been renewed and I didn´t know anything!

T&C that you agreed to...

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services.html#m...

N. Moving home

1. If you move to another address within our service area, you may ask us to provide the services to your new address. You must provide at least one month's notice to do this, but we cannot guarantee to provide you with the services at your new address.
  2. If you move to another address during any minimum period paragraph M9 will apply, unless you continue to receive our services at your new address (in which case paragraph N3 will apply). In addition, if you move home during a minimum period you will need to pay the early disconnection fee described in paragraphs M10 to M13.
  3. If we agree to provide the services to your new address, you may have to pay a service transfer charge (to be paid to Virgin Media Payments). Details of the service transfer charge are set out in the price guides. We will also send you a new contract for the services at your new address and you will have to keep the services for the minimum period. The service start date for your new minimum period will be the date that the equipment is installed at your new address.
0 Kudos
FernanZ
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My contract has been renewed and I didn´t know anything!

As I said, I did not receive any contract here. I've been like a stupid waiting to end the contract in March/April and now there is no way to roll back to the previous contract...Great Smiley Happy

0 Kudos