Menu
Neesargon
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My bill

Account:  **********

Hi Help team

I understand that my charge for fibre broadband will be going up next month.

I am struggling to pay my bills and have started to 'shop around'.  I see that I can get a contract with Talkl Talk, lasting 18 months, for only £22.95 per month and I am tempted.

I am elderly, disabled and deaf.  I do not use Virgin TV and, since I am deaf, I do not use the telephone.  I use only broadband internet and it is my lifeline.

At present, I am paying £25 per month and will stay with Virgin at that price.

Can you help please?

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My bill

hiya @Neesargon sadly the forum team don't get that involved in billing/cancellation issues, would need to have a chat with customer relations choosing option 4 - 5 (thinking of leaving us), you can use e.g. text relay, or if you have a small amount of hearing once passed secuirty/Data Proteciton could pass phone to a 3rd party to discuss your account.
Also with any account cancellation you need to give 30 days notice of intention to cancel
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Neesargon
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Okay.  So the forum team don't help with cancellations.

But, surely, the forum team can help a customer by giving them an email address for a deaf CUSTOMER  to use when they need help.

I don't have a 'third party' to help me.   It's Virgin who I pay monthly.   They say they have support for their customers.   Well, let's see that support.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

if virginmedia offered a email address it would very quickly get swamped with general enquirers etc.. virginmedia do offer different ways of getting in contact via sign language etc -> http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=4040&CURRENT_C...
other way would be to write to virginmedia:
Virgin Media,
PO Box 333,
Matrix Court,
SWANSEA,
SA7 9ZJ.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Neesargon

I understand you are looking around at providers and I appreciate that the cost of broadband is what is making you look at alternative options instead of us.

I also appreciate that having hearing loss means that to get in touch with the retentions teams you would have to write in as that team doesn't at present have a Webchat function.

I'd like to see what I can do to support you with this.

I'm going to send a pm to you and if you could get back to me on this, that would be great Smiley Happy

Catch you soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos