Menu
billingtonmark
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My Virgin Media retention experience...

So in light of the shockingly un-interested call handler I just got off the phone to, ive decided to cancel my VM contract and share my experience on here. 

I called to find out if I was in or out of contract, and I was out of contract.... 

A quick google showed I was paying over £10 a month more for my package than a new customer would be. Not a significant amount but enough to annoy me to the point id call and ask for my monthly cost to be matched, or at least come close, but no! A flat out "sorry, new customers only, so would you like to proceed with your cancellation?". 

So, After 7 years and over £5k spent on virgin broadband, not even a thank you for your custom. 
All in all, very disappointing experience and its left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

dijrae
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Virgin Media retention experience...

Same as me mate, I've just cancelled today after 10 years with them for the same reason.
Discussing if you ask me.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's just how the industry works, lure new customers in with cheap deals to get customers.

Best practice for money saving is jumping ship after contract and swapping to another provider. If you are happy with your service you end up staying and paying the increased cost/arguing for a loyalty discount (won't match a new customer deal though)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Nichrome
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They're getting greedier over time. More expensive for same service. Already (after over 6 years) considering to switch.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

when you initially sign up you will get a good deal however over time of course things go up. however the offers for new customers don't rise as much. eventually you will find that a friend signs up and is paying much less than you. but once the promotional offers have ended and increases take effect they wouldn't be far behind you. new people coming along will of course get a better deal at that time and so on.

virgin,sky etc are private companies. if they choose to dangle a carrot to get customers in then hike the prices above what customers who join later pay, they can, will and do. electric, gas, bt, sky, virgin, car insurance companies. they all do it.
0 Kudos
Jacevoor77
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just like car insurance or mobile at 12 month Jump to a better deal bit hard to do now as half off companies are 18 24 months contract deals
0 Kudos
BHAVSMAH
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

After finding that loyality doesn't help, i decided to jump too but i am facing challenges with virgin retention team having screwed up all for me.

On my discountinuation request one of retention team member offered me attrative things on phone and cancelled my request just to save his targets.. i had agreed to review the details over email and provide approval to activate package if i am happy.. but this stupid chap, activated package and put me on really a poor package. Everthing promised in call was FALSE COMMITMENT, in fact to lower down price, he put me up on lower package.. and when i reached our to their team, non of the promised things being recorded and they are not offering or helping me with correction.. Event the virgin agent locally is not able to help and he is asked to stay out. i have been escalating on this for last one week but no help/support.. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINING.

0 Kudos