Menu
Ditton33
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

My Profile / Manage Accounts not working

Hi

For several weeks now I've been unable to get the Manage Accounts functionality working on the My Virgin Media portal. It just says 'Oops something's broken - This part of the site isn't working at the moment, but it'll be up and running again soon.'.

It's stopping me doing things like adding/deleting/changing email accounts.

When I first saw the issue I thought it would be up and running in a few hours, days max, but as i mentioned it's probably been 4 or 5 weeks since I noticed. and it may have been broken well before that.

Anyone else noticed this issue? And a status report from a Virgin Media representative would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
annehopkins
Joining in
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Profile / Manage Accounts not working

I'm having this problem as well. Can't login to my emails online, can't see anything to do with my account etc. I also can't get my phone to sync with my tivo box and it seems that the tivo app thinks i have a different package from what I have so something is mixed up somewhere. If i could login to manage my account it would really help!

My daughter also has Virgin Media and is able to check her details online with no problem. I've tried to phone and get this sorted a number of times over the last while but it never actually seems to fix it.

Can someone please get this sorted out?

Cheers

Anne

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

The email system is changing back from Google to VM's inhouse again. So there might be a drop in webmail access.

Majide!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ditton33, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having trying to access this part of the website. 

It's unusual for this to show for so long. Are you 100% using the Primary email details? Are you able to view the bill when logging in?

If so, we may need to test things from our end. We'd need to replicate this and possibly raise to IT for a resolve. 

Give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 so we can run through checks with you. 

Let us know how it all goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi annehopkins, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm really sorry to hear you are having an issue logging into your emails and also using TV Anywhere.

The first thing we need to check is that you are logging into the correct account. 

Are you able to log in to My Virgin Media? 

If so, does the package there match the package you are on?

If not, your email could well be connected to another account you may have had previously. 

Give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to check things. 

Let us know how things go.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
waynelloyd
Joining in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same problem for a couple of years I got fed up calling the helpdesk because a solution was never provided, I think the problem lies because my primary account is ntlworld.com

Is it possible I can request an additional account or reset the passwords for my children's accounts by calling the helpdesk?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi waynelloyd, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

It's great to have you posting here Smiley Happy

We are able to reset the passwords via the helpline however the fact you cannot access the page to do this yourself also needs sorting. 

I'd love to be able to look at this for you but due to data protection we're not able to. 

Give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111. If they can't get the manage profiles section to work, we can reset things and raise this to IT. 

Keep me updated on how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Chevalier
Up to speed
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Well, here we are over a year since this problem was reported but still I cannot access "My Profile". I have followed earlier advice to telephone and have spoken to numerous people who have manually made the changes that I want to make BUT none of them can fix this issue so that I can manage my account vis your web page. What is going on and can anyone please fix this long standing problem?
0 Kudos
Chevalier
Up to speed
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I telephoned Virgin at 17:47hrs today and talked over the issue again. After they validated that the problem was NOT with my browser (I also tried Internet Explorer and Firefox) second line support were contacted and I was advised that many people had been reporting this issue for several days now and they had discovered the problem was within Virgin and they hoped to have the problem resolved by 14:00hrs tomorrow (Monday 1st August 2016). I await a resolution to this long standing problem.
0 Kudos
Chevalier
Up to speed
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

As reported earlier, I waited all day on Monday 1st August 2016 but heard nothing. So, at 16:34hrs I phoned again and 2nd Tier support took control of my PC to examine my settings. After 10 minutes or so I was told that all of my settings were in order and that they had fixed all issues except mine - i.e. I was the only person who still had this problem. They assured me that over the next 5 days they would work on and fix this issue. On the Sunday 7th August I phoned again and enquired about progress. I was informed that "The Ticket" was still open but they had not been able to fix the issue. I was categorically told that someone would call me first thing tomorrow (the morning of Monday 8th August) to resolve the problem. By late Monday 8th August I had not received a call so I called them again. Then the strange excuses started. I was first told that they had a record that I had been told to wait 5 days for a resolution and so I should do just that. I reminded the person that the note they were looking at was dated 1st Augsust and so waiting 5 days meant 6th August - i.e. 2days ago!. The response was then that I should have been told to wait 5 to 7 days so I should wait until the 7 days had passed. There was a stunned silence when I pointed out that 7 days after 1st August was actually today - the very date that I had been given when I spoke to someone yesterday. After a long pause, I was asked to wait a little longer and if I had no response by Wednesday 10th August then I should ring again. I agreed. I shall wait until tomorrow (Wednesday 10th August) and call again if the issue remains unresolved. Is anyone else having this problem or are Virgin Media correct in claiming that I am now the only person still with this problem?
0 Kudos