Menu
benjiman
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My Bundle has Changed.

Hi there,

I spoke with support via the Live Chat regarding a WiFi issue and being locked out of my account.

Now that I am back into my account I can see I am no longer on the cheapest package which is what I originally signed up to.

I've been a customer with Virgin for 7 years now.

How is it that my bill has been gradually increasing but I have not been notified that there are cheaper bundles out there? Can I please be put on your cheapest TV/Broadband/Phone package. I am currently on the Big Easy Bundle which is the equivalent to your Mix Bundle with your Fun Bundle price tag. All I need is your Player Bundle.

Also.

My router is still the original Hub you released 7 years ago. The brick terrace I currently live in use to get 1bar signal in the two back rooms. That has now gone. Which means we can only use it in our spare room or living room. We have to get recipes off the net in the livingroom then take our laptop to the kitchen. If we need to change a page, we return to the livingroom, which is just silly. The router also jams up and requires resetting.

Can I please receive a new HUB?

God knows I've probably paid for it with the over spend on not being informed of the bundle changes.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Bundle has Changed.

As with all utilities, the onus is on us the customers to chase the supplier for the best deal. That is how the commercial market works. Your supplier will assume you are happy with what you are paying unless you contact them & re-negotiate your deal. Most people do this as soon as their minimum term runs out. The only drawback is you are locked into another minimum term contract as a result. If you do re-negotiate, 9 times out of 10 you end up with new equipment as part of the deal.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
benjiman
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the reply. As far as I'm aware i should be outside of the contract. Therefore free to apply for new bundle.

Find it cheeky that you can release a cheaper a deal and not let the customer know. I haven't received a single bit of post or email from Virgin other than bills and price increases.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

benjiman wrote:

Cheers for the reply. As far as I'm aware i should be outside of the contract. Therefore free to apply for new bundle.

Find it cheeky that you can release a cheaper a deal and not let the customer know. I haven't received a single bit of post or email from Virgin other than bills and price increases.

Bundles change all the time. If you are in contract then, generally speaking, the changes aren't applicable to you so why waste time. If you are out of contract then you are free to investigate details and costs of new packages and then call up to negotiate a new contract to your advantage.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos