Menu
SLI69
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Mum has passed away. Would like to transfer account.

Hi,

I rang Virgin Media yesterday to inform them of the passing of my Mum.  Firstly, there didn't seem an appropriate option on the automated system, something like customer services or general enquiries.  Eventually I got to speak to someone with very poor English that I could hardly understand, but they tried to put me through to the correct department but it was all busy so they would ring back within 24 hours.  I sat in all day, on a lovely sunny day I might add, and did not receive a call.  I don't have much faith in the phone service so I thought I would try on here.

Like I was saying, my Mum passed away a few weeks ago, I, her Son, have taken over the property and would like to either transfer Mums account to me or close hers and open a new one.  I would like to keep the same phone number and email addresses if possible.  Can somebody help please.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mum has passed away. Would like to transfer account.

It is an utter disgrace that VM still do not treat bereavement cases properly over the phone. I have moaned about this continually to VM but nothing improves. It just makes a bad situation worse (and condolences on your loss). I am going to help. It is a mark of good service how well organisations treat these kind of circumstances. VM aren't the only ones who make it hard going but that is hardly any consolation to you.

First thing, I want you to read this sticky:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/What-to-do-if-a-Virgin-Media-account...

It tells you what should have happened. It's impossibly simple and still VM CS staff get it wrong.

Secondly I want you to collect together the required information so you have it readily available when asked.

Thirdly the VM Forum staff here are great about sorting out these situations (they shouldn't have to). I am going to refer your post to them. They'll pick it up on Monday and get on the case.

Be a bit patient and watch this space.

Hope this helps.

@ModTeam @ForumTeam

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

My condolences on the loss of your mum.  You may have to wait a few days for a member of the Forum Team to pick this up but I'm sure one of them will.

Alternatively you could try ringing the UK based Retentions Team on Monday morning during normal office hours.  They can deal with a whole lot more than just retentions.  150 (free) from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 (standard rates) from any other phone and select the prompts  1  >  4  >  5  to 'Thinking of leaving us'.

Good luck.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Please, please remove the helpful answer tick from my posts. The problem isn't solved yet and leaving the tick in place just tells other people it is solved. The option to do this is under "Post options" with the post itself.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
SLI69
Tuning in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much for your prompt answers at this difficult time.  I will look into these properly on Monday.  Once again thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi SLI69

My condolences also on the loss of your Mum. I really appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us about the fact that the systems we have in place have failed in this instance for you and I am incredibly sorry that this has caused you any additional concern or upset at this difficult time.

I'd like to see what I can do to support you further with this. I'm going to send a PM to you that you can find on the top right in the envelope on the forums next to your forum name for me to take your Mums account details and for me to look at getting this sorted with you.

If you could pop back to me when you get a chance, that would be great.

Kindest regards and hope to speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@SLI69

Please act quickly on the advice you have been given by Karen_A.  Do not delay one iota. She has a first rate record in sorting out these difficult situations. Just click on her name in the left hand pane of her reply and you'll see the option to send her a message. DO NOT post personal information on the Forum.  Tell us on the Forum that you have replied. We need to keep track.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Cheers @HowardML

The PM has been sent. I've just been on the phone to the Bereavement Team too, to check and confirm their opening hours. They have not changed.

Their opening hours are Monday-Friday from 8am-6pm and call backs should be being advised as between 24-48 hours not including weekends. I will be feeding back that this has not been correctly advised when @SLI69 contacted us last week on Friday, as this communication error has led to their expectations not being matched and them feeling let down by the company.

I appreciate your support always.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

SLI69
Tuning in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I have just replied to Karen_A

Thanks for all your help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hey SLI69

I've just got in for the evening part of my Monday shift here and I'm picking this up with you now.

I'll drop a PM to you next and hopefully we can get this sorted in the next few days for you.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos