Menu
Cgzwolfman
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Moving

Hi we had so many problems when moving with account connection telephone internet on demand every service was down.we spoke to many people some demanding money to setup the account again some we could not understand .finally after £20 of credit for our mobile phone a nice lady flicked a switch and it was done why no one else could do it i don't know! Are TiVo box is so slow we where looking at reviews for the v6 box thought about getting that till saw the price! Wish i listened to my partner and went to sky straight away
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving

Hi there Cgzwolfman and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm very sorry to hear that transferring your services didn't go as seamlessly as expected when you moved house and that it took a while to get you up and running. I'm glad this got sorted in the end though.

If you're looking at upgrading to our new V6 box, you can find all your offers and upgrades on My Virgin Media here: http://virg.in/myVM. Our guys are also available on the phone to discuss upgrades. It's 150 from a Virgin Media phone or 0345 454 1111 from other networks.

You can find lots of useful information regarding V6 here: http://virg.in/V6.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Rosalita
Just joined
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI there, 

This is some advice for VirginMedia really. I have been trying to move my broadband service to my new address and I have found the process really confusing, I would recommend someone thoroughly walk through the advice you have on your website, and the subsequent sequence of communications and see whether everything is in the correct sequence and completely clear.

I have had an engineer arranged to come out for the move when for the original set up i had used the quick/self start service and wanted to do the same again. 

I have received text messages telling me to call before activation only for me to call and the people on the end of the phone seemiing unclear about why I've called and that the service was already activated. 

I had a not dissimilar experience 

0 Kudos
Rosalita
Just joined
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry posted to early... but i was going to say that i had a similar experience when setting up originally, especially with it being really unclear at which point I was supposed to call to make activation happen (if I remember rightly, the first page of quick start says "call us now before you do anything", but when I called then the folks on the other end expected me to have put the equipment together already - or something like that). 

I still haven't got set up in my new home, but i'm sure with a few more phone calls and fiddles I can make it work. But just a recommendation you look carefully through all your pathways and protocols because it's by no means as simple as it's currently made out to be (and I think Im reasonably good at following instructions carefully). Just a suggestion. Hope it's helpful.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rosalita

Thanks for dropping by with your support and advice, it's really appreciated Smiley Happy

I'll pass your feedback along to our teams to see if they can take this on board for the customer journey during these processes to be a smoother one.

I hope since you posted that your set up has gone through for you. If you have had any issues with this or need further support with the self install then please contact the teams via our Quickstart teams on 0800 953 9500.

They are open from:

Mon-Fri 8am-10pm;
Sat 8am-6pm;
Sun 9am-5pm (excluding Easter Sunday and NYD/Christmas if these fall on a Sunday)

Keep us posted on how this goes for you.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos