Menu
MWolf
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moving to a new property - service not available

Hello,
I know that the subject were already touched few times, although I have additional question.
I signed 1 year contract with V.M. at end of March 2016, I moved to a new property 2 August 2016 and with some difficulties I finally got internet connection.
Now me and my partner are expecting our first baby, so we had to move to bigger flat, unfortunately V.M. is not able to provide services in our new home Smiley Sad I have been informed that the only option is to break a contract by me! I also have been told today that I will be automatically sign off from V.M. services once I move and they calculated fees from 2 August as beginning of contract.
My questions are: if contract is on addres, not a person, why I can not resign contract for a new tenant?
Why I have to pay fees calculated from August? I have to mention here that when I moved before I have not been informed about fact that my contract will be renew with new date. Also I have not been given new contract or signed anything. I went through terms and conditions today and it says that I should be given a new contract.
I am ok with paying for one or 2 months, but not half year!
Any solution here?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving to a new property - service not available

MWolf wrote:
Hello,
I know that the subject were already touched few times, although I have additional question.
I signed 1 year contract with V.M. at end of March 2016, I moved to a new property 2 August 2016 and with some difficulties I finally got internet connection.
Now me and my partner are expecting our first baby, so we had to move to bigger flat, unfortunately V.M. is not able to provide services in our new home Smiley Sad I have been informed that the only option is to break a contract by me! I also have been told today that I will be automatically sign off from V.M. services once I move and they calculated fees from 2 August as beginning of contract.
My questions are: if contract is on addres, not a person, why I can not resign contract for a new tenant?
Its YOUR contract , not your addresses. Addresses cant sign contracts.
Why I have to pay fees calculated from August? I have to mention here that when I moved before I have not been informed about fact that my contract will be renew with new date. Also I have not been given new contract or signed anything. I went through terms and conditions today and it says that I should be given a new contract.
Your new contract started from the date your services went live at the new addresses. This is specifically covered in the TOS.

I am ok with paying for one or 2 months, but not half year!
Any solution here?

There is no solution as such. You are in the unfortunate position that you are moving outside a cabled area. The EDF's are there to reclaim some of the capital costs of installation, now that you are moving on.

Im not arguing its right, or moral, after all some people have to move at short notice through no fault of theirs- but it is what it is. You can try asking nicely for a reduction in view of the amount of time you've been with VM, but any reduction is entirely discretionary on VM's part.

Sorry we (the community) cant offer a better solution. Try contacting them direct.

0 Kudos
MWolf
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So basically V.M. is not making any effort to help their customers. That's sad... and in many cases unmoral. New tenants would be happy to take over our contract, but with VM it's not possible either. They would rather loose another customer and 10 other as I will definitely leave really bad feedback for all my friends. So disappointed Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

MWolf wrote:
So basically V.M. is not making any effort to help their customers. That's sad... and in many cases unmoral. New tenants would be happy to take over our contract, but with VM it's not possible either. They would rather loose another customer and 10 other as I will definitely leave really bad feedback for all my friends. So disappointed Smiley Sad

Depends on your POV. They cap the EDF's so they are a maximum of 240 quid. They allow people who are moving within their initial contract period to take a new contract at the new address, provided its cabled, and dont enforce the strict TOS that they COULD charge for the remainder of the contract at the old address. They enforce EDF's so customers who are still on the network dont have to subsidise those that leave before their initial contract term is up. All COULD be seen as helping. But like I say it is what it is. Any other ISP would treat you the same way.

0 Kudos