Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (77 Views)

Moving to Non VM Covered Area - Stung with EDF for £240???

Having found the house of our dreams recently, we have begun the process of updating/cancelling services to give plenty of notice before we move. 

One of these services is Virgin Media. While we would love to have been able to take them with us, they unfortunately do not supply to the area we are moving to.

Having notified VM of this, I was then informed I will need to pay £240 for the convenience of leaving. While I was under no impression I was in the middle of a contract, I had called last year to reduce my services as we were looking to save money for Chritmas/wedding coming up this year by halving our bill. 

Having already paid for upfront fees in regards to estate agents, solicitors, home reports and other unexpected fee's. Not to mention the wedding we are saving for as well, this is money that we quite simply do not have. 

I have at no point verbally agreed to, or signed any paperwork to have been confirmed as joining a "new contract". Completely gutted at the idea of having to pay this fee, simply because I cant take VM with me. 

Such a lovely parting gift I must admit. 

Anyone been in the same situation?
(currently waiting on a manager call back within 72 hours)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 4 (59 Views)

Re: Moving to Non VM Covered Area - Stung with EDF for £240???

hiya @sherylanddavid normally when you change any package/service this would trigger a new 12 month contract, best idea to have a chat with customer relations choosing option 1 - 5 - 4 (thinking of leaving us) they'll be able to check your contract status
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 3 of 4 (57 Views)

Quick correction (sorry @paultechy) - options 1,4,5.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 4 (26 Views)

I have had several chats with service reps in other countries and got nowhere.

Asked for a manager to call me back within the Uk last week and nobody got back to me within the 72 hour window I was quoted. Spoke to a "manager" earlier today from goodness knows where, they have no sympathy or understanding. I am very pleasant and direct but they are hopeless.

If I add on stuff, does that trigger a new contract? Because that's painfully awkward if it doesn't work for both ways and quite deceitful.

I didn't once agree to a new contract, sign anything or receive any paperwork announcing a new contract or I would have kept what I was on. Been a customer for 4 years, then 6 years before that at my dads house, through Telewest and NTL before that.

I want to take virginmedia with me but I can't. It's not fair.

Missold. Under played and under handed I feel utterly betrayed.

Your worth billions. I'm not stealing, I want a clean break and the chance to come back when our new area gets it. I won't be recommending your services to the neighbours, that's for sure, and I'll make sure they know this situation inside and out.
0 Kudos