Menu
tjokeeffe
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moving to NON-VM area

Hi all,

I'm moving home next month and the area I am moving to does not have VM at all. I'm having to move because my landlord is selling the property and it's taken the decision out of our hands.

Will I be charged to cancel my account based on this?

Thanks

TJ
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moving to NON-VM area

It depends if you are still in contract. If the last time you made changes to your package was over 12 months ago, there may be no charges at all. VM can also use their discretion where tenants are being forced to move rather than opting to do so.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

just to add to my fellow superusers great advise, the fees for early disconnection would be -> http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early-... I would be passing these onto the landlord/owner since isn't your fault.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It depends if you are still in contract. If the last time you made changes to your package was over 12 months ago, there may be no charges at all. VM can also use their discretion where tenants are being forced to move rather than opting to do so.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

just to add to my fellow superusers great advise, the fees for early disconnection would be -> http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early-... I would be passing these onto the landlord/owner since isn't your fault.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Surely it wouldn't be the landlord's responsibility assuming that the lease was ended according to the terms and conditions of the lease. It's not stated by the OP that the landlord has done anything that is outwith the lease terms.

0 Kudos