Menu
Jasxpear
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving house

We're moving house this week to a property that has no Virgin connectivity so we're having to have Sky installed instead.

I called Virgin to cancel our existing service and was surprised when they said I have to pay for the remainder of my contract? 

I explained that I'm happy to stay with Virgin but as they don't/can't supply the new property then I don't think it's fair that they're making me pay for the remainder contract.  

Virgin aren't interested though, they just say I have to pay. This seems a little unreasonable to say the least?

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving house

Jasxpear wrote:

We're moving house this week to a property that has no Virgin connectivity so we're having to have Sky installed instead.

I called Virgin to cancel our existing service and was surprised when they said I have to pay for the remainder of my contract? 

I explained that I'm happy to stay with Virgin but as they don't/can't supply the new property then I don't think it's fair that they're making me pay for the remainder contract.  

Virgin aren't interested though, they just say I have to pay. This seems a little unreasonable to say the least?

The VM position, as documented in your contract, is that you have that contract for VM to supply a service at the address specified in your contract, for a given period. Should you terminate the services within the contract then you are effectively breaking your contract and have to pay for the remaining period, subject to a maximum of £240.00.

It might be too late now but, having read your other post on contention, you might be able to argue that VM have also broken their side of the contract by failing to provide the service for which you were contracted.

Call Retentions and give it a try.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Jasxpear
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving house

No response from VM regarding the contention issue. The call centre staff don't have the authority to progress the complaint any further, it has to be escalated to a manager apparently. But unfortunately the staff are unable to transfer calls to their managers as they're always too busy. Instead they promise that they'll get the manager to call me but nobody ever has despite chasing them again. Very disappointing that such a great product is let down by such appalling customer service.

0 Kudos