Menu
Saracee67
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving house to area with no service

HI,

Hope this is the right place to post this ?

We have just contacted Virgin to advise them we are moving house and wish to transfer our account they have advised us that they do not offer the service in the area we are moving to and they have advised we have to pay a termination fee ! How is this possible its not our fault they do not offer the service where we are moving to ! Are we only supposed to move to a virgin supplied area ! I just find it unbelievable. We were completely happy to continue to have Virgin until the contract expired but obviously that's not a possibility and not a situation of our making.

Would be very grateful if anyone has had experience of this situation and has any advice

Thank you in advance

Sara

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving house to area with no service

This has been covered many, many times before on the forum.

The issue is documented in your contract which is only for provision of services at your current address.

0 Kudos
Saracee67
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving house to area with no service

I appreciate this has been covered many times before, I just wondered if anyone had had a successful outcome challenging this and if so how did they achieve that. I fully understand that if we just wanted to cancel we should pay but if they cant offer a service where we need to move to how come I should be penalised for that ?

Sadly it wasn't me that took the contract out, we wouldn't be in this position if it had been up to me !

0 Kudos