Menu
feno_uk
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Moving house, cable being layed now!

HI

Im moving house in two weeks and the new house does not have fibre but i drove past yesterday and virgin have taken up all the pavements and are laying cable.

I will have to cancel my current contract and pay £170 in two weeks time because they cannot obviously transfer my account. But seeing as they are laying the cable now does anyone know if i could just transfer my account to the new house and pay for no service untill the lines are activated? Anyone know how long on average it takes virgin to activate cable after laying it in the street?

i tried speaking to some guy about it last night and was just going round in circles, im not sure he understood what i was trying to achieve but i figure a potential two month wait with no servcie is better than a £170 cancellation fee.

Anyone had a similar situation or advice?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving house, cable being layed now!

it can take months. it may take years until they are active. it can depend if the rest of the cable ha been laid. it can then take about a month from completing to start taking orders.

I think you'll have to cancel as when you move there will be no service in the area.
0 Kudos