Menu
Paulinec123
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Moving home

Hi

I have just contacted Virgin to see what services they provide at the address I am moving to. They checked and told me they do not have services there so I advised I would have to terminate my contract when I move.

They said that as I took a new contract last month I would have to pay as I'm cancelling it. How am I cancelling it if Virgin do not provide services there and why should I be paying for services I am not getting?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving home

You signed a contract agreeing to take Virgins services at your address for a set period, as a courtesy Virgin offer to transfer  your service if you move house provided Virgin operate in that area, the same thing would apply if you had Sky and moved to a listed building or had BT and moved to Hull (where BT do not operate)

0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It would appear (reading through this Forum) that VM insist you are breaking your contract?

This link:

http://virg.in/LWyN3

... shows how they get to the given figure

...ZVNK ...

0 Kudos
Paulinec123
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The thing is I am not cancelling it.....they don't supply services at the forwarding address so I have no option otherwise I would have transferred it....

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

you are breaking it.

your contract is for services at the installed address for the minimum term.
If you move and can't take the services with you then you are breaking the contract
0 Kudos