Menu
Helen9
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Moving home

Heya

I have had to move from my flat in london back home to bristol as a family member is dying.. I called to give my 30 day notice of leaving the property but was told I would be given a bill of over £200 for leaving early. But when I initially called I asked if we were to move home how it would work, I was then told I just need to give notice and there is no penalty. I'm moving. Ack to my mums house where virgin media cannot actually physically supply their services so even if My mum let me move it over I wouldn't be able to. I have had to leave my job due to coming back here also so financially it is also a hard situation... I spoke to your customer services team who were very understanding. Although they said they do not have the power to waiver the penalty fee, they advised em to email in and ask for help.

Please say you can help...

Thanks, Helen
0 Kudos
Teamtl
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving home

Hi,

i have a similar issue. I am moving to a property which cannot be supplied by Virgin and I have been told I will have to pay £190 disconnection fee which after being a customer for 9 years seems disgusting. What is very frustrating is that my contract was renewed after virgin contacted me and upgraded my broadband, I didn't knowingly extend my contract. It seems underhand. I would happily take the services with me but I am being penalised by virgin for their inability to provide a service

on another note , I was on the phone for over an hour being passed around an outsourced call center being repeatedly asked for my password over and over again while being moved around to other people who could not help. This is not customer service, it is a real shame that loyal customer are treated in this way. When I wanted to leave virgin pestered me for days with offers and incentives. Funny that...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Helen

Thank you so much for taking the time to get in touch with us about the house move and the contract end. I appreciate that at this difficult time you are looking to get this sorted as soon as you can.

I can see that you have contacted the teams recently and they have logged a complaint on the system for you.

The complaints team have up to 28 days to process this on your behalf.

I'll keep you posted if I hear anything else back regarding the complaint you have raised.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Helen9
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Thank you so much for your response!

Looking forward to hearing from you...

Thanks again, Helen
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Helen

I have spoken to the teams who are looking into the complaint for you and they have advised that they are escalating this for you today.

There will be a dedicated contact number on the letter they are sending should you need to contact them regarding this.

Thanks again and please pop back to us if you need anything else.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Helen9
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for keeping me informed Karen.

Once I receive the letter il call or message and get some advise on what to do next!

Thanks again, Helen Wilson-Williams
0 Kudos
Helen9
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

I'm still yet to receive this letter. I have just had a thought that it was sent to the london address rather than my new address. I now live in bristol so hours away and cannot access the flat any longer.

Can you possible get it sent to my new address I have given over tyke phone so should be on record.

Many thanks, Helen Wilson-Williams
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Helen

Thanks for getting back in touch with us about this.

I have checked the account and my apologies we do not have a forwarding address set up on your old account that I can see?

If you can set this up with our teams either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat , our teams can clear security with you in order to make this change and update this as a forwarding address for you. Via the Webchat link if you choose:

Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

You will be able to select the 'Chat To Us' option.

Once this has been done they can then update the complaint log for you too and ask that this correspondence be resent to you if you do not have Royal Mail's mail forwarding service set up for your post from the old address.

If you could let us know if you need any further support with this then that would be lovely and we will do what we can to help out Smiley Happy

Good luck and thanks again for posting.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos