Menu
basu88
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moving home - no service

I've recently moved to a new house (01/03/2017) and still don't have the Internet.

I was tricked by one of your advisors during a phonecall conversation : First, he did not inform me that my contract will be renewed for another 12 months, then after extending my contract without my authorisation, he told me about an additional fee - £20. I find this highly unprofessional.  On top of that he had not checked whether the property is set for a Virgin services. It appears my house is a none cabled house.  

I called your team again and booked an engineer. The engineer showed up on 08/03/2017  and told me another crew has to come to install 'the box'. Another appointment has been scheduled for 22/03/2017. ..

I will not be paying a March bill or any other fee for unprovided services. Pleaee look into and resolve this matter ASAP.

I have sent the above email to your team on 09/03/2017 with no response. Any luck here ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving home - no service

if you moved house VM give you the option to avoide the disconnection fee by letting you start a new contract at the new location. this has a new contract term.

If you do not want to retake the services at the new location or vm can not provide them then you have to cancel and will have to pay any disconnection fees if you are still in contract.
0 Kudos
basu88
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

At no point during my conversation was I informed that I would be entering into a new 12 month contract. Advisor left me no choice. Additionally I was assured it should take up to 24 hours to get a connection. Instead, it will take at least 3 very painful weeks. It seems to me clear I should not be charged for March if you do not supply my new property. Regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi basu88, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us even though your journey has been less than perfect so far Smiley Sad

When you let us know that you are moving address we will automatically check to see if we can provide you with services in your new area. If yes then we are happy to transfer the services however this comes with a one off charge and a new 12 month contract. 

Rather than you've moved to a non cabled area, it sounds as though construction work is needed to get your services up and running. Something that the adviser wouldn't have known when ordering your new services. 

Even though progress may seem slow to you, at this end there would have been multiple plans put in place. We'll need to create a plan for costs and submit this. After this has been approved, we then need to get the relevant permits from local councils. If these fail, we need to go back to the drawing board and try again. Once this is all set in motion, it can then take 6-8 weeks to get the work completed. 

Until services go live, you won't be billed at the new address. The one off charge would still be chargeable though. The new 12 month contract won't start until you're installed either. 

For an update on this, feel free to speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos