Menu
Hooni
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Moving home charge, and forced 4g pay monthly simcard i repeatedly said i had no need for.

Having recently spoke to a rep on the phone about arranging a transfer of services i was surprised at being charged for this , i could understand if i have been at my current address not very long, but i have been here for over 3 years, 

I was also told that with this new contract for the property that i was moving to i had to have a pay monthly contract at £6 that i can then cancel whenever i wish to, having repeatedly stated i have a virgin contract phone and that i did not need this new sim and would be a waste of £6 for a month of something that wont get used, the rep then continually stated virgin want people to try the new 4g services and maybe i could give it to a friend or family member and totally ignored the fact i have 5 contracts with virgin already for myself and my family.

Left feeling very dissatisfied, downgraded my internet speed and tv package to try and save some money when finances are stretched to the limit with moving and the associated costs, and still not sure what package this rep put us on as he was too busy telling me all about this sim card that i did not even want.  

so is this something that is mandatory to "try" this new 4g simcard? why would the rep not listen that i did not want it? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving home charge, and forced 4g pay monthly simcard i repeatedly said i had no need for.

Hi Hooni

Many thanks for contacting us on the forums about the home move experience and the 4G Sim-card offer.

I am very sorry to hear that this offer was advocated to you by our agents in this way. It absolutely is not a mandatory offer.

I do apologise if this has been the experience that you have had with us regarding the transfer process.

In order to get this sorted with our teams it would be great if you could get in touch with us via 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 where they can arrange to resolve this for you.

Alternatively you can also call in via 150 to our teams on the landline and there is an option on this to speak to Virgin Mobile at the very beginning too.

Please keep us posted on how this goes for you

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos