Menu
Lfitzgerald100
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Moving home but virgin not in my area!!

Hi! I'm moving house in 3 weeks and just looked to see if virgin is available in my area! But it's not!

What can I do about my contract as I'm tied to 12 months but if I can't have the service do I have to keep paying for it?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving home but virgin not in my area!!

No, you would cancel your contract and pay an early disconnection penalty which is capped at £240.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

as Ernie_C said fees would apply you can view these http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early-... to cancel services would need to have a chat with customer relations choosing option 1 - 4 - 5 (thinking of leaving us), you could also register your interest for virginmedia via -> https://www.virginmedia.com/cablemystreet/
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Lfitzgerald100
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm finding it hard to believe that I should be charged a fee when they can't provide me the service where I'm moving to!
0 Kudos
thomasbe123
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Lfitzgerald100 I will private message you the answer to your problem.

I was in the exact same position as you last year, Virgin tried to charge me and when I refused they added months of late payments to my credit file and also a default which they still haven't removed.  I took the case to CISAS and they have ruled in my favour.  I will PM you the reasons for this but DO NOT agree or pay the fee, Virgin cannot enforce it contractually.

Cheers

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

thomasbe123 wrote:

Lfitzgerald100 I will private message you the answer to your problem.

I was in the exact same position as you last year, Virgin tried to charge me and when I refused they added months of late payments to my credit file and also a default which they still haven't removed.  I took the case to CISAS and they have ruled in my favour.  I will PM you the reasons for this but DO NOT agree or pay the fee, Virgin cannot enforce it contractually.

Cheers

lol and you honestly think they won't have updated the contract to cover the loophole you had last year? Smiley Tongue

Have fun ^_^

thomasbe123
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Shane Matthews, you are obviously a very privileged individual with all this information of dates and times people took out contracts. I'm in awe.

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

without meaning to sound patronising, you entered into a contract to have the services for a minimum period of time. It's not Virgins fault that you are moving to a non enabled area.

A contract is a contract. 

I was in the same boat as yourself when I moved earlier last year, but I managed to use the price rise to cancel without penalty.

0 Kudos
thomasbe123
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

A contract is only as good as its contents fatblokefletch. I have PM'd Lfitzgerald100 the way to cancel without fees.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

thomasbe123 wrote:
A contract is only as good as its contents fatblokefletch. I have PM'd Lfitzgerald100 the way to cancel without fees.

So why can't you tell the rest of us?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!