Menu
MrsCarroll
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Moving and no Virgin in new area

Like Virgin Media, done over 5 years with them, pay my phone bill upfront too so that is paid until the end of the year.  But we are moving, no precise date yet though, and they are not available at all in our new area.  What on earth happens?  Do I get a full refund of upfront payments and no penalty for having to leave?  Any advice?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving and no Virgin in new area

The question is are you still in a contract period?

If you have had the same package for 12 - 18 months without making ANY changes to it, you may be able to terminate without penalty with a months notice.

Line Rental Saver is non refundable as stated in the terms & conditions:

http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/line-rent...

If you are still in contract there is a sliding scale of early disconnection fees:

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early-...

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

MrsCarroll
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you but disappointing I'll be out of pocket just because they haven't expanded quick enough!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

disapointed but still not Vm fault. its stated in the terms and the contract is for the current address.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

MrsCarroll wrote:
Thank you but disappointing I'll be out of pocket just because they haven't expanded quick enough!

The contract is for the minimum period at your current address, terminate & you are in breach of contract. Moving to another serviceable address waives this rule as you start a new contract.

Line Rental Saver is a "bulk buy" option. You wouldnt buy a pack of 12 of something from a shop on a special offer & then expect to take some back several months later for a refund because you didn't need all of them.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos