Menu
PeterMcC
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving address

Hi

We're moving into an apartment for 6 months and taking our Virgin package with us. The Virgin operator with whom I spoke said that we would be starting a new minimum 12 month contract. I explained that we would be moving on again in 6 months but that we'd been Virgin customers for a couple of years.

The operator said that she had put a note on our account and, whilst the new contract would show 12 months minimum, we would be able to cancel without penalty after 6 months.

I have received the new contract to sign with a 12 months minimum term. Despite the operator's assurance that we would not be penalised for terminating after 6 months, I'm reluctant to sign until I know that there really is a note on the account.

Any suggestions as to how I can get confirmation that can be produced in 6 months if I'm asked to pay a penalty for "early" termination?

TIA

0 Kudos
PeterMcC
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving address

Problem solved — thanks to all.

0 Kudos
PeterMcC
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving address

I phoned customer support and asked whether there was a note on my account to the effect that I could close it after 6 months and the answer confirmed that was the case. I'm prepared, with a slight reservation still, to believe that.

If you want to be bullet proof, I'd suggest using the text chat facility and then printing off the text — this was enormously useful when I had an unfortunate experience with a Virgin member of staff using chat. I sent the transcript to Mr Mockridge and he was very helpful. I assume that would work in your case if it turned into a problem. I tried to follow my own advice over the 6 month rental issue but couldn't get a response from the text chat and resorted to the phone line.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos