Menu
LegendUK
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moving House Question

Hi,

I am a current Virgin Media customer. I notified Virgin Media that I would be moving house on the 12th. So my services were set to end at my current property on the 12th and start-up on the 13th at my new property. I signed an online contract and everything was finalised. 

My moving date however has now changed from the 12th to the 16th. I was wondering if the stopping & starting of the transfer of my services could be changed to the later date? I tried to do it online, but was told it wasn't possible to change my order now. Is there nothing I can do? 

I ask here rather than phone up as I am hard of hearing and whenever I ring up, I always get transferred to an Indian call-centre and I spend the majority of the call asking them to repeat themselves over and over.

Kind Regards,

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving House Question

This is basicly a forum for customers to share advice with eachother, so the Staff team act as a backup & can take several days to answer.

If you are quick you may be able to get through to Retentions (150 option 4 then 5). Dont worry about it being the option for leaving. They are UK based & can do far more than what the option states. They close at 6pm today (Sat)

All other call traffic goes offshore for the rest of the weekend.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
LegendUK
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

This is basicly a forum for customers to share advice with eachother, so the Staff team act as a backup & can take several days to answer.

If you are quick you may be able to get through to Retentions (150 option 4 then 5). Dont worry about it being the option for leaving. They are UK based & can do far more than what the option states. They close at 6pm today (Sat)

All other call traffic goes offshore for the rest of the weekend.

Hi nodrogd!

Thanks for the advice. I just did exactly what you said. I got through option 4, then 5 to the "Leaving department". I explained the situation to her. She told me I need to speak to the moving house department and she would transfer me to them. She transferred me... I got the message that the offices are "now closed" and to "call back later". Then the phone went dead. I made the call shortly before 5pm... so they must have closed a lot earlier than usual! So, not sure what to do now. I guess I will get through to India if I phone up again now and select the "moving house" option?!

Anyways, thanks again for your help! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi LegendUK

Apologies for the trouble you've had getting some help arranging your move.

It is the 'Movers' team specifically who would be able to help you out if you're moving house (this applies whether you're going to be transferring the services to the new property or closing your account with us when you move).

This team is open 7 days until midnight, so I'm not sure why you couldn't get through when you called.

Have you been able to get this sorted out now?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos