Menu
dtsmith88
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Moving House - New contract

Hi All,

Jut wondering if anyone else has had this same issue.

I am due to move house next month, so agreed a new contract to stay with VM. However VM have confirmed my new contract will only be sent to my new address.

They said I cannot get a copy emailed or sent to my current address now - so basically I cannot view the new contract I have 'agreed' to before it commences and I'm in the new property next month.

This has to be a mistake right? How can I agree to something that they will not show me until I'm in the new property - presumably the cooling off period is from the date i agreed this contract not from the date it starts? Either way, i'd like to be checking it now incase there are any mistakes.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving House - New contract

hiya @dtsmith88 welcome to the virginmedia community forum, please dont take this has being rude/sarcastic, why not goto the new address and pick the contract, before you move or ask the current tenants to hold onto the letter until you can pick it up, or ask them to send it onto you.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
dtsmith88
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, my understanding from the Virgin rep was that they wouldn't even post it till after connection day but i'll see if I can clarify.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi dtsmith88

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about this. It's great to see you with us on the forums too and welcome Smiley Happy

The only reason we would send a paper contract to you is if we do not have an email on file for you as a contact option. If you do have email as a contact with us, you would be able to have this sent to your email address as we send email copies to customers now as a main option, not paper ones.

I have checked and can see an email copy of this was sent to you mid Feb. If you can check your spam folders and trash as this may be sitting there for you.

If not and just to cover you for this eventuality, I have requested a copy to be sent to the primary email contact we have for you. A copy request can take up to 10 days to process.

Please let us know if you find the original or if you need anything else from us Smiley Happy

Thanks again!

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
dtsmith88
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Thank you for clarifying. I did find it odd when in the past I've received contracts via email.

I can confirm I didn't receive an email copy in mid February which is concerning but appreciate that you have requested another one be sent to me so hopefully that one will come through.

Thanks for your help!

Dave

0 Kudos