Menu
LevelparJ
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Moving Home with Virgin Media - quick hassle!!!

Hi - first and probably last time to post anything on here but felt compelled to!!!

Have been a loyal and long standing customer of Virgin Media for in excess of 20 years - I remember when it was Telewest etc.

Have recently (last week) moved house about 5 miles away that's all and contacted Virgin some 2 weeks prior to moving to advise them of this but also to request I take them with me. I was advised that I could do all of this myself and that is was oh so simple.........all you need to do was to ensure you take all the necessary equipment (in my case TiVo box and wifi hub) with you and then plug these into the new property, which the VM representative had checked was already a VM house with all the necessary cables, boxes etc and all live...............was advised that I wouldn't need any support / advice / assistance at all and that it was dead simple..........some instructions would be posted to my new home (these still haven't arrived). I queried all of this and said that as a failsafe and back up option I would like an engineer to visit. This was agreed as such an option, although I wouldn't need it, and booked if for 21st Feb.

Long, frustrating, annoying and disappointing story later it took me all of about 8-10 phone calls to VM, whilst being passed pillar to post to try to resolve my TV, Broadband and phone service. Oh and by the way I had requested also that my old telephone number be ported over and it hasn't happened. Anyway some 30 hours after moving in (having done as advised with the equipment) we have only just got a TV service working albeit without the catch up and on demand service, I have a different number completely but worst of all I still, some 80 hours later, have no wifi / broadband service. The reason for the lack of broadband / wifi service has been different with every VM representative I have been on the phone with - and I have been in dialogue with quite a number I can assure you!!! One resorted to telling me the service in the area was down anyway (a likely convenient smokescreen in my opinion), another was unplug it and plug it back in, another was make sure the cable is in tight, another was just wait 2 hours and it will be up and running and finally it was "well it must be a faulty box/cable so we will need to send an engineer out to you".................so therein lies my complete frustration with the whole matter................why promise me something at the outset and then it just doesn't work but as the customer I am just left hanging and waiting for VM to fit me in and then trying to fob me off with excuse after excuse.......................where is "the best possible service" that VM promise their customers with all of this..................there is more to this tale than I have the time and energy to write and tell you about but it involves phone calls to VM being dropped / cut off at their end / passing me over to departments that are closed and all I get is an automated message and then the phone goes dead and then this necessitates another phone call starting at the beginning all over again.....................just an incredible litany of one thing after another.................well the upshot is that after 20+ years, VM have just lost me as a customer and one of their key competitors has just gained a customer............I cannot believe this has happened..........I thought I was doing the right thing by contacting VM in advance of our house move to make sure it all went across and got managed and delivered seamlessly...............but little did I know.........and then trying to get my contract terminated has also been an experience particularly in trying to get to the right person who can implement this but I believe (hope) that I have got this done now.

The last 4 days have left me feeling quite frustrated, annoyed, irritated, angry and ultimately let down by VM, if my experience is "ensuring our customers get the best possible service" (to quote from their automated customer services telephone message) then I am glad I am out.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving Home with Virgin Media - quick hassle!!!

Good morning LevelparJ

I appreciate you coming to the forums and for letting us know about the issues you have had with the house move.

I am incredibly sorry to hear that this has been your experience with us and I am also sorry to hear that you have decided to leave us on the back of this.

Please let us know if you need any further support with this or anything else and we hope that you will consider us again in the future.

All the best with your new provider and thank you for being such a long term customer with us.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
LevelparJ
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen, thank you for your response but it doesn't really help me out at all does it?

You apologise for the poor service and ask me if there is anything else that Virgin can do for me????

I am absolutely appalled as to how I have been treated here by Virgin Media over this issue and it was not my fault at all which makes it even worse!!!

I hoped that this sense of deep anger, frustration and disappointment had come across in my tirade but do your words / response placate me ...............mmmm let me think on this for a nanosecond...............not one bit I'm afraid Karen.

Anyway that seems to be par for the course doesn't it really, I am only one of a huge number of customers and despite 20 + years of continuous service I am obvious replaceable!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi LevelparJ

I completely appreciate your feedback and would have been happy to have looked into this further for you, and offered to do so on my original reply to you, had you not indicated in your original post that you have left us and were happy with this choice.

I am always happy to look into issues customers have had further for them, providing they are receptive to this, as I would not wish to cause any further upset to a customer by pressing to support where none is wanted, so my apologies if I misconstrued  the intentions on your original post to us.

If you would like me to look into the overall experience you have had with us further then I can absolutely do so.

Just let me know.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
LevelparJ
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen, thanks for your message..........my original intention was to share my hassle, frustration and grief with others and perhaps someone at Virgin Media that actually seemed to care about a customer.........it seems like you are that one person at Virgin Media, but alas Karen it is all too little and far too late. As I have stated previously, and this debacle is now nearly 4 weeks old, that Virgin have lost a customer and I'm not really sure that looking into the overall experience after the horse has bolted will be of any use to either of us other than to rake the embers further. Customer loyalty and retention are the hallmarks of any good service but complacency is its biggest enemy. I have a new service provider in place and the whole experience so far, albeit a mere two weeks in, is a joy and a pleasure. Virgin had 20+ good years from me as a customer but alas no more :-(

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi LevelparJ

I appreciate you explaining further for me regarding this and that does make perfect sense too.

I would have definitely loved to have helped here for you and if in the future you need us at any time, you know where we are.

Keep in touch and hopefully one day in the future we'll have a chance with you to redeem ourselves Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Forum Team

0 Kudos