Menu
carbonshadow
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Moving Address Charge

Hi,

I am a little confused because I have just called to set up moving address then when it got to the end the operator had said to me that there was a £25 charge for moving address yet on the website it says it is free if you go for quickstart self install which is what I said.

But the operator told me that had changed today, But surely if the website still says its free, I shouldn't be getting charged for moving?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving Address Charge

Are there enough connection points for your equipment at the new property?

If there are, are they at the correct location/s for where you want your equipment?

Self install kits only come with a couple of metres of cabling, so if either of the above is not correct, you will need an engineer install.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
carbonshadow
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On the phone the operator had told me that, The new house has had Virgin Media before so all I needed to do was take my equipment I currently have Router, Cables and it would be a simple case of connecting it after it has transferred to the new address. So there should be no charge for an additional fee as the website says it is free when you dont have to have a engineer out.

Ive attatched a picture from the virgin media site

free.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As long as you have checked everything is in place at the new property, then you should be OK.

Its just that some people don't & then get annoyed they have to pay.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
carbonshadow
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I get that and understand,I have checked and the location of the box and it is in the right place and the operator said it is already sorted in the house, I just don't get why the operator had said about a moving charge at the end of the phonecall when it says its free. But when i questioned him on it he seemed off guard as I told him on the website it says there is no charge, Then proceeded to tell me that it changed today and he would make a note of it. I just don't want to be charged for something when it is stated on the website as free

0 Kudos