Menu
stanislaw01
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Moved house, got new broadband- works fine, but seeing 'account disconnected' on 'My Virgin Media'

Hi,

I moved house in February, and had transferred broadband to the new address. Broadband works fine, the problem is when I am logged in to 'My Virgin Media' and tap My profile it says: "Account disconnected.
Your account has been disconnected. You can access your Virgin Media Mail and apps for up to 90 days after your disconnection date. Please ensure that you retrieve all important emails and files before this time."

Also, when tapping 'My package' it shows-  "You don't have any broadband services in your package!" ????

How is that possible?

Can this be fixed?

Regards Stan,

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved house, got new broadband- works fine, but seeing 'account disconnected' on 'My Virgin Media'

Sounds like you are logging into your old account.....

0 Kudos
stanislaw01
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved house, got new broadband- works fine, but seeing 'account disconnected' on 'My Virgin Media'

Yes, I log onto my account using same email address, why would I need to change it? all my details were transferred over, my account number, area reference, new home address. I can see 'my bills' with new address.....

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If some of the new details are populated, sounds like the account is partly set up. Wait for staff to pick it up or phone in on 150.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved house, got new broadband- works fine, but seeing 'account disconnected' on 'My Virgin M...

Hi stanislaw01

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch about the log in details for My Virgin Media and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

During the house move process the email for My Virgin Media has to be migrated form the old address to the new one too and this is done on a support system we use that holds all the My Virgin Media date.

If this hasn't happened, and this sounds likely, then this needs to be migrated for you before you can use this to access the portal for your new address.

If you have been in touch with the teams since you posted to sort this then that's fab Smiley Happy

If not then please pop back to me on the PM you can see from me on the top right hand side.

You can find this in the

Speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved house, got new broadband- works fine, but seeing 'account disconnected' on 'My Virgin M...

Hi Stanislaw01 Smiley Happy

Thanks fo4 getting back to me on your PM Smiley Happy

I've had to flag this back to IT for you.

There is a reference number for this of P008380453

In the interim period I have emailed  a copy of the most current bill to your preferred email address.

The issue with the access to My Virgin Media can take our IT teams up to 10 days to resolve.

Once this is done they will email me and I will pop back to you to confirm.

Hope to speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
stanislaw01
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Karen,

I will let you know once issue has been resolved.

0 Kudos