Menu
leajoy79
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Moved house but my account number has changed and now I can't log in

I've recently moved house and my old log-in details don't work anymore and just show the old account as deactivated. I can't re-register as my email/username for log-in is 'not available', due to it still being registered with the old account.

Have now been transferred to numerous departments (including being cut off) to be told that I would need to wait a short time for this to work - short time being defined as 35 days!

Seen lots of posts on the community re this and feel from reading posts that there should be a quicker fix than this.

Would be grateful for any help that can be provided

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved house but my account number has changed and now I can't log in

Hi leajoy, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here even though your journey so far has been less than perfect Smiley Sad

Account numbers are specific to the address you have the services at and the last 2 digits change per customer who opens an active account there. When moving you would get a new account number. In order to resolve this we will need to do a what's called a Move and Transfer. It's easy to do but once done can't be reversed. 

I have sent you a private message with a little more information and a request for some details. 

Once I have your reply I can help further Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos