Menu
YorkieMan54
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

More than tripled my Billing minutes after installation without asking/informing me

signed up in Dec 2016 on a new agreement of £30 per month with two Tivo, 100M BB and Phone. A great deal as my Sky was due to renew at considerable more, or so I thought.
Jan 18th they couldn't connect a phone due capacity errors, so ten minutes after installation they changed my contract from £30 per month to, wait for it, £103 per month, without asking or consulting me.
No way was I going to agree to this, when I eventually got through they said they would see if they could reduce the cost. Eventually a guy in the call centre said they would put me on a £71.50 per month contract and credit me £41.50 per month, leaving me with £30 to pay.
However, this now leaves me without a phone line and to get one I will need to pay at least £20 per month.
So day 5 of virgin media sees me without a phone, a 'promise' to provide a £41.50 credit and BB speeds only half as advertised.
They can be difficult to contact with excessive waiting and constantly have to speak to supervisors for advise.
I want what I signed up to at the price agreed, otherwise I want this contract finished, as they have failed to honour their original deal. I don't know how difficult this will be, but will seek advise.
There is no moral to this story. I simply took them at thier word, and would have accepted a reduced bill (from £30 to cover a phone line).

If you sign up, check your bill online, immediately.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: More than tripled my Billing minutes after installation without asking/informing me

Hi YorkieMan54,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

When you sign up with us, we do try to install the services you want. In your case as there is no capacity, it means we're not able to offer you a telephone service at this point. 

When this happens, we can't charge you for something that you're not receiving and therefore your services get split. You're billed for the ones that are active. The problem with this is that it then takes you out of your bundle so any discounts are removed. 

The problem with this as well is, with no capacity, we don't know when or even if we'll be able to install you. 

Give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 as they can arrange to apply a credit to ensure you're not paying more than agreed. If you're unhappy and need / want a phone line service then they will be able to chase this and help explain your options. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
YorkieMan54
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: More than tripled my Billing minutes after installation without asking/informing me

Thank You for taking the time to reply.

1. My point is that it is not MY responsibility to contact virgin over this. I f they cannot meet the requirement for whatever reason, it is THEIR duty to contact me and let me know they are going to increase my bill bill from £30 to £118 and NOT EVEN provide a telephone line.

2. I care little about the fact that if they can't meet the agreement, they just alter your bill.

3. If they can't meet the agreement, then the agreement/contract is null and void. I want it terminated. They have not supplied goods/services as agreed. No ifs No buts. As a Sky customer for 14 years, they would never have done this without consulting me. It is disgraceful.

4. I did call them, it took me 3 hours. They agreed to credit my account, we'll see if this happens. However, this leaves me without a phone service and that is something that I will have to fund myself.

5. So, all in all, I revert to paragraph 3. I want it cancelled immediately and I am seeking advise on this, and will take legal action to make this happen. I will have my day in court, if only to warn other people in this area.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi YorkieMan54

I appreciate you coming back to us to look into this further and understand that if the information you have had sent confirms a package that doesn't match what has been offered then this needs to be looked into for you.

I understand you are looking to close the account if the offer is not matching hat was discussed for you.

Looking into this work was done on the date you called to match the offering you have mentioned.

If you would like to confirm this with our teams then you can do so by contacting them on via Webchat as well as by phone on  150 or 0345 454 1111. In contacting our teams this way they can then clear security with you and work to resolve any billing queries or checks you may wish to run past them.

My apologies if the agreements that have been sent do not reflect the agreed offer. This was due to the way the monthly adjustments that have been advised to you are being applied. You can absolutely confirm this with the teams if you get in touch with us.

Please keep us posted on how this goes and let us know if you need anything else.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos