Menu
Adamsutherland
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Pay as you go rewards, not redemable all phones out of stock.

I have reward points to redeem ,  as I use a pay as you go Virgin Mobile phone as,  I don't want a contract, anyway every single time I try to order a new phone from the appropriate page on your website and use my points it tells me that every phone on the whole page is out of stock, unavailable due to popular demand, is this service no longer available, or when will these phones be restocked.

Further to this, I do not want a contract at this time or to change in any way, and I dont want to phone any help line, I just want to redeem my points for a new phone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Pay as you go rewards, not redemable all phones out of stock.

Hi Adamsutherland,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to use your PAYG rewards due to your preferred handset being out of stock. 

In order to check up to date stock for you, it's best to give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789. Otherwise, please continue to check the website online as the site is updated when we receive new stock.

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
SP11
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

I'm sorry but I have to take issue with you advising the original poster to keep checking for new stock. I have been a customer for many years and have spent the last year checking regularly to be able to use my rewards to get a new phone and everytime it shows the same phones out of stock, and the same phones that might be available as out of stock when you try and buy them.

It never changes. The only thing that has changed is a reduction from me having the full  £100 available to being £90.

I appreciate it might be considered  a freebie so i shouldn't moan, but I would much rather the incentive wasn't offered if you really can't supply what you say you can.

Sorry,but it is frustrating.

Regards

Sharon

0 Kudos
Adamsutherland
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Checked back just incase, and surprise surprise all phones are out of stock, same phones also on screen so Im guessing this incentive is now null and void, if it was still a thing, we would see the stock changing and be able to eventually choose a phone.

Virgin, this should not be available if you no longer offer this service, little pop ups telling me I can upgrade to 4g pay monthly all over the place.

What would be nice if you if Virgin would offer my reward currently sitting at 100 pounds, over to pay for another phone on 4G etc, instead of continually just saying, This phones is out of stock due to popular demand, please check back later, not good service.

0 Kudos