Menu
ultimaproisbac
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Missold contract

Hi a door salesman for virgin signed me up for virgin told me he would switch the contracts over then later text me saying i had to ..
so installation date comes i receive a text saying that there needs to be someone in in between this time noone arrives to then i ring the you guys for them to say we called you this morning saying we couldnt fit it in when i received no phone call wich left me with no internet end story youve come to my area sold me internet thats not wired into my road ive now been left without internet for over a month because you guys falsly pulled me into a contract wich ive already payed £25 for.
i then wás told id receive notice about whats happening and i have recieved nothing i would like a refund and i will no longer be wanted your services please contact me urgantly !
0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missold contract

Did you pay the guy at the door £25 or did you pay by direct debit to VM?

Majide!
0 Kudos
ultimaproisbac
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Either way virgin media has taken the money wether its through there door salesman or the company he came round took a payment for set up through my card
Ive essentialy been lied to/ misslead/missold and taken advantage of just like my neighbour and around christmas when i need internet for work and was already pretty skint for christmas@
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

ultimaproisbac wrote:
Either way virgin media has taken the money wether its through there door salesman or the company he came round took a payment for set up through my card
Ive essentialy been lied to/ misslead/missold and taken advantage of just like my neighbour and around christmas when i need internet for work and was already pretty skint for christmas@

The door salesman won't ever take a payment directly, if you gave this guy a payment then it probably wasn't an actual VM salesman, they will take direct debit details at most which is just the account number and sort code and you would see this listed as a direct debit on your online banking via your bank or be able to go in to a branch and have them pull it up

0 Kudos
ultimaproisbac
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yeh you pay a standard set up fee through direct debit he was with VM trust me i know a fake door salesman when i see one
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well the only way to get an "urgent" response is to ring them, forum staff will take a few days to respond to you and then spend ages sorting out DPA stuff so they can even discuss it with you, just ring cancellations and speak to them

0 Kudos
ultimaproisbac
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Tryed cant get through without an account number wich i never got cos they never set me up
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

ultimaproisbac wrote:
Tryed cant get through without an account number wich i never got cos they never set me up

Just keep entering random details, or no details, it will eventually assume you're having issues and just skip that step

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

ultimaproisbac wrote:

I will take that as a direct debit then, the reason I asked was made clear by another poster. There has been problems with people paying salesmen at their door and of course not getting anything.

You would have to be on their system for them to take a direct debit from you, so your name, address etc would be on file. They could search through their database using that information.

Still you haven't said if you paid the salesman or paid by direct debit yet either.

If by Direct Debit, contact your bank and get the charge back, but as said you can call VM or use the chat option on the site, and give them your name and address etc for them to look up details.

If by cash, then you got swindled, as door salesmen don't take cash for VM.

Majide!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi ultimaproisbac, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you're wanting to leave us already Smiley Sad

To cancel the account you will need to speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. They can get this sorted for you. 

As far as the £25 is concerned, once the account is cancelled, we'll send you a cheque for the amount Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos