Menu
AlanMiller
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Missold a Tivo package and now being made to suffer!

Yep, it's my own fault - back in June the Virgin salesman that called me at work offered me a free tivo box with no strings attached. Now, I didn't really know what a Tivo box was (still don't actually) but just out of curiosity and as I was busy at work at the time, I foolishly accepted. Foolishly because I don't actually have a TV! So the thing sat there for a bit before Virgin correctly identified that I hadn't connected it to anything and asked me to send it back, which I did.

The biggest problem is that accepting the free Tivo offer has allowed Virgin to change my package, to which I am now apparently contracted into for a year from that fateful telephone conversation. Now I find that my monthly bill has just jumped 25% (from £30 to £40) because an incentive discount that I wasn't aware of at the time has just ended leaving me to pay out the rest of the contracted period at an inflated rate. To rub salt into the wounds I don't even own a TV, so it's particularly frustrating to be paying for a service that I can't use.

And finally, every time I phone support to try and sort it out, I keep getting put into queue's that never end.

Is this the best that I can expect? Pay the bill until my 'contract' runs out and then take it as a lesson that nothing in life is free and never expect to be able to talk to anyone that works in a global communications company. Ho ho.

Happy New Year!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missold a Tivo package and now being made to suffer!

Hi AlanMiller

Thanks for letting us know about the TiVo package and for getting in touch on the forums too.

I appreciate that this has not been the best experience for you and for us to look into this for you it would be great if you could get in touch with our teams via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat  where our teams can clear security with you and work to resolve any issues you have with this support option.

I'm also going to send a pm to you in order for me to get some further details from you and if you can get back in touch with me on this, that would be fab.

The pm can be found in the purple envelope up on the top right.

Hope to catch you soon.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
AlanMiller
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Thank you very much for your reply & message with regard to my post. It has certainly raised my opinion of customer support and having attention at this personal level is very refreshing. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlanMiller

It's no trouble at all Smiley Happy I appreciate the situation is a little unusual and we're glad to help out where we can.

I've just dropped a pm back to you with the support and advice we're able to offer. I hope this helps Smiley Happy

Speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
AlanMiller
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I take it all back, my faith in customer service has been more than restored!

Apologies for venting my frustration in a public forum, and big thank you to Karen for sorting everything out for me.

First class service, well done!

Alan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That's really lovely of you to say so Alan Smiley Very Happy

It's always great when we're able to support you as we are sometimes more limited on the forums in what we are able to do so it's great when we can jump in and help out.

Keep in touch with us anytime you need support and have a fab evening Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
rubyturner31
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

(not sure if the last message sent through due to verifying account details..)

I've had the exact same situation as you've posted here, and I was wondering how it was that it was resolved?

I've been on the phone with two different people from Virgin Media and the outcome has been different from both and neither helpful.

Would be so great to get some advice?

Thank you!!

Ruby

0 Kudos
AlanMiller
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ruby -

I didn't have any luck with the telephone which is why I posted here in frustration, but the issue was sorted out very quickly once admin here get onto it, so don't worry.

I am however surprised that Virgin are still allowing their sales reps to carry on with this practice of promising 'free' upgrades without being clear that you are entering into a new contract.

All the best-

Alan

rubyturner31
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Alan! 

Fingers Crossed Smiley Happy 

Ruby

0 Kudos