Menu
dazz65
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Missing voucher

Hi

I had been with Sky for 18 years, but last year I toyed with the idea of switching. I phoned Virgin and found out roughly how much a comparable package would cost, I then phoned Sky to cancel but they offered me a cut-price offer to stay - which I did.

Ever since then I was receiving regular offers from Virgin tempting me to switch. The last offer I received included a comparable package but included a £100 retail voucher. This was enough to push me over the edge and finally make the call to Virgin to organise a switch from Sky. During this call I mentioned on more than one occasion that the £100 voucher was what swayed it for me, although the offer was coming to an end. I was told I would receive a visit within the next few days from an agent to sign the form. I again mentioned the offer and was told that they should be able to sort something out for me, if not that exact one but whatever offer they were including at the time (Free TIVO box in 2nd room etc.)

I had Virgin Media installed on the 11th November, and although I had requested to keep my own phone number, something had gone wrong and I had to have a temporary number for a couple of weeks - an inconvenience but these things happen eh?

Unfortunately I'm left with a feeling of disappointment - almost as though I was being told whatever it took to get me signed up. I wouldn't have made the switch if it weren't for the offer - I mentioned that I would have quite happily waited for the next offer to come through my post but was constantly reassured (albeit vaguely) that everything would be sorted out okay.

I have already mentioned all this in a reply to my 'Welcome' message from Virgin Media, but apparantly they are unable to forward my issue to the relevant department!

So - as suggested - I am posting on this board so someone from the 'correct' department can look into this for me.

Regards

Darron

0 Kudos
dazz65
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing voucher

Hello?

Seemingly unable to forward my message to the relevant department (Seriously?) I've posted on this board as suggested. It's over a week later now and nothing! I've only been with VM since 11th November and already I'm thinking I should have stayed with Sky, at least they have Customer Support staff that actually seem to give a damn! VM Staff: If you find out your customers are unhappy, then it should be YOU contacting THEM, not leaving them no other option then to spend ages on the phone trying to get through to someone who can actually help, or posting on these boards and playing the waiting game hoping somebody responds soon.

I received phonecalls, texts, emails and was visited by a VM rep when you wanted me to sign the forms, now I can't even get a simple response to a message.

Hugely disappointed new customer.

Darron

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing voucher

Hi Darron

May I welcome you to the forums and thank you for taking the time to pop by with your query about the voucher.

I appreciate that we are quite busy at present and my apologies that this has taken time to pick up on the forums for you.

For us to support you I am going to send a private message to you that you can find in the next to your forum name Smiley Happy

If you could get back in touch with me on this and we'll do our best to get this all sorted for you if we can.

Thanks again and speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos