Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (201 Views)

Missing payment

I called earlier today virgin media after receiving my bill for the month of Jan 2017. I tried to explain the Virgin Media representative that I have a Direct Debit order and the payment for the month has been made. Even after repeated request he ignored and/or failed to check and the best he could come up with was please make the payment or your services will be restricted. He also assured that I am not being double charged. So I then made the payment for the said month.

Just to confirm I called my bank latter in the day and was told that a payment in fact had been made for the same month and accepted by virgin media on 3 Jan. This is very unusual for me and also shows how unreliable can information from Virgin Media can be. I have sent an email to missing payment but considering it all could have been avoided if the representative had made sufficient checks to start of with considering I wasted my time to call and confirm first.

I am now hope full that they will refund the money without further inconvenience and maybe try to give out information more reliable as I am sure no customer would be liked to be charged twice for the same month. 

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5 (188 Views)

Re: Missing payment

You are entitled to full and immediate refund, read more here: Direct Debit Guarantee, Your rights , Incorrect Payments

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5 (176 Views)

Thank you for your reply. I have paid Vergin Media twice so will the virgin media be making the refund or the bank ?
The bank did allow virgin media to take the specified amount on the agreed date but according to virgin media no payment had been made on the basis of which i made the payment for the month over the phone earlier today.
Have written an email to virgin media hopefully they will make the refund soon.
0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5 (170 Views)

Unfortunately, you will need to contact Virgin Media to resolve this; by the way, did you contact Virgin Media on

2017-02-17-00.jpeg

or 0345 454 1111?

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 5 (165 Views)

Yup i did. Wasnt really helpful...told me to email missing payment with bank statement attached for the payment which i did and now waiting for them to reply.
0 Kudos