Menu
Highlighted
Danyal
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Missing payment

I called earlier today virgin media after receiving my bill for the month of Jan 2017. I tried to explain the Virgin Media representative that I have a Direct Debit order and the payment for the month has been made. Even after repeated request he ignored and/or failed to check and the best he could come up with was please make the payment or your services will be restricted. He also assured that I am not being double charged. So I then made the payment for the said month.

Just to confirm I called my bank latter in the day and was told that a payment in fact had been made for the same month and accepted by virgin media on 3 Jan. This is very unusual for me and also shows how unreliable can information from Virgin Media can be. I have sent an email to missing payment but considering it all could have been avoided if the representative had made sufficient checks to start of with considering I wasted my time to call and confirm first.

I am now hope full that they will refund the money without further inconvenience and maybe try to give out information more reliable as I am sure no customer would be liked to be charged twice for the same month. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing payment

You are entitled to full and immediate refund, read more here: Direct Debit Guarantee, Your rights , Incorrect Payments

0 Kudos
Danyal
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. I have paid Vergin Media twice so will the virgin media be making the refund or the bank ?
The bank did allow virgin media to take the specified amount on the agreed date but according to virgin media no payment had been made on the basis of which i made the payment for the month over the phone earlier today.
Have written an email to virgin media hopefully they will make the refund soon.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately, you will need to contact Virgin Media to resolve this; by the way, did you contact Virgin Media on

2017-02-17-00.jpeg

or 0345 454 1111?

0 Kudos
Danyal
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yup i did. Wasnt really helpful...told me to email missing payment with bank statement attached for the payment which i did and now waiting for them to reply.
0 Kudos
Becboo
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can you help me £30 has been took but not payed my bill have prove thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Becboo

Thanks for getting in touch about the missing payment of £30 you have mentioned.

If you have proof of the payment that was made and the relevant timeframe for this payment has elapsed then please can you email missingpayments@virginmedia.co.uk with the account details, you name and address, and the proof of payment in a screenshot or attachment eg Bank statement showing the debit.

Once the teams have this they will investigate this for you.

Most timescales are 1-2 working days, eg Direct Debits, eBilling, Credit or Debit cards.

Some are 3-5 days, eg Paypoint, Bacs, Telebanking

Some are up to 7-10 days eg Counter payments at the Post Office, or cheque.

Let the teams know which method of payment was used and the date it was debited from you bank along with proof of this and they will track the payment and credit  this to your Virgin Media account.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
dakantini
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello.My name is Yordan #########.
Account Number: ###############
Payment reference number: ########
Area reference: 06
Unfortunately, I am writing about the problem of my payment.I use direct debit to pay my monthly bills to Virgin media.This direct debit is to my wife's bank account.
On September 7, 2017, a payment of £ 33.26 to Virgin media was made.
On September 5, 2017, a payment of £ 33.26 to Virgin media was made.
These are payments for the past two months.
On September 18, 2017, I received an email from you that I owe 76.93 pounds.I immediately made the payment of this money.After checking my bank statement on my wife's bank account, I found that a payment has already been made for these months.
I can send copies of bank statements to prove my payments.
I beg you to check all payments to my account and solve this problem as quickly as possible.a
I have no desire and opportunity to pay twice the same bill.

Thank you for your understanding

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi dakantini

I hope you have sorted this since you posted but if not if you can get in touch with our teams they would be able to support you further.

Our Care teams can advise on the Missing Payment process for you.

They will be able to provide the details you need to get this resolved.

You can contact them via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat for any billing or package related queries where they can clear security with you.

Webchat can be contacted via the site online and you can speak to them if you prefer this option by choosing the Chat Online option:

E.G-Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Let us know how this goes!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Esrom
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

i have got a Prof of my bill i have payed £108.13 and am left with £159.23 to dele  

0 Kudos