Menu
helonlegs
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Missing £50 credit for myself and referer

Hi

I signed up with Virgin Media for the basic package, using a referral link from my parents.

I've just received my first bill - no £50 credit.  My parents have checked their bill - no £50 credit.

I've spoken to a customer service assistant who initially informed me that my installation was free so that would be the £50.  I responded saying that was part of the offer package I signed for and nothing to do with the £50 credit as far as I had been informed.  She then rather unhelpfully said there's nothing they can do as there is nothing on their records.  I suggested that if my parents still had the referral code would that be of help.  The lady said they could try to put it through with the sales department but she didn't know if it would now work.

From the forum I see im not the first person that this has happened too.  I'm really not happy! 

When I signed up, my broadband was really slow.  After speaking to a customer service assistant, I was advised there was a fault on the line that they were aware of and it had been there since June and it would be repaired by Oct 2015!!!  I signed up at the end of July.  He agreed with me that I should have been made aware of this when I signed up and to be fair I have been given a credit.

I've some friends I was about to refer however im feeling very reluctant to do this now and if my parents can't find the referral code, then it's £50 we're both down through no fault of ours.

Any further ideas of how I can have this looked into please?  Many thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Missing £50 credit for myself and referer

Hi Helonlegs

Thanks for dropping by with your post here and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

My apologies this process has let you down, I appreciate your patience in trying to get this resolved with us.

In order to look into resolving this issue for you I have sent you a private message for some more information.  You can find this in the red envelope next to the forum name.

It would be great if you could get back to me on this Smiley Happy

Speak soon

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Helonlegs

Thanks for dropping by with your post here and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

My apologies this process has let you down, I appreciate your patience in trying to get this resolved with us.

In order to look into resolving this issue for you I have sent you a private message for some more information.  You can find this in the red envelope next to the forum name.

It would be great if you could get back to me on this Smiley Happy

Speak soon

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Badbenny
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Same thing happend to me.. I told the person I spoke to on the phone that my mum had refered me the day I ordered virgin, was told not to worry he would set it up to get the £50 credit to me and my mum. Also got given a form by the engineer with a number to text for the £50 off to, so I done both.
Then a person from virgin phoned and told me I have to call up after my first bill to get the credit put on. I have just got off the phone to virgin and the say they know nothing about it and if I don't have my referral code they can't do anything. I really am not happy as I have me everything they asked me and still didn't receive anything.
I have a lot of friends who are asking if they should join but now am thinking of telling them to stay with sky as you just get told one thing with virgin and then they say they know nothing.
0 Kudos
dpjohnston
Dialled in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This has happened to me twice before as well. You refer someone and they get an automated email but when they contact Virgin they are told that there is an offer on for new customers of free installation, saving normal £50, and their account is set up using this offer instead of 'refer a friend' so Virgin is only down £50 once instead of twice.

helonlegs
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

See if you can contact Karen above as she sorted it out for me with no problem
0 Kudos
16v_paddy
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I also have the same problem.

I have referred my parents & they had everything installed at the beginning of December. I can appreciate that with us having different bill dates etc some sort of delay is to be expected but we have both had 2 bills now and no credit has been applied.

What is the process that needs to be done to resolve this?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi 16v_paddy

Thanks for dropping by with your first post to us Smiley Happy

Welcome to the forums!

I apologise the automated refer A Friend offer has not updated for you and your parents. I'd like to take a look and see what we can do to help,

I'm sending a private message you can find in the envelope next to your forum name, and if you could get back in touch on this, that would be fab.

I look forward to catching up with you soon.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
mellywhi
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have just received my first bill, and also haven't had the £50 credit applied. Most frustrating, and for once it doesn't help to know I'm not the only one.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi mellywhi, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear that you haven't received your credit yet. Checking the account I'm not seeing any link on there to show you've been referred. Do you know if your referrer has received their credit yet? 

When you joined via the refer a friend scheme, you would have received an email. If you still have this I can look into this further for you. I have sent you a private message with some information on where to go from here. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Sarah_Lines
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Similar thing has happened to me as well.  I referred my friend in November 2016.  The link was sent to him.  I was there with him when we used the link and signed him up.  No sign of the credit for me and him.

I have just got off the phone to virgin and the say they know nothing about it and if I don't have my referral code or the email that my friend used with the link then they can't do anything. I still have my email confirming that a referral link was sent to him, they said that this isn't of any use.  I told them that my referral link is dated days before he signed up and that I was with him and helped him to sign up. Again, the customer service agent spoke to their manager who just didn't seem to care.

I feel like the whole referral scheme is a con.  I shouldn't have to chase up something that was promised to me.  Virgin don't seem to care now that my friend is all signed up.  I already have three other friends asking about Virgin.  I will not be referring anyone else to Virgin and I myself will be leaving when my contract is up in May if this is not resolved.

Thanks