Menu
RyanC
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Missed appointments and continual misinformation

Eight weeks ago I booked an appointment to get a cable repulled due to the last person who came out ignoring where I wanted it and drilling through a kerbstone whilst I went out (even though he was told to put the cable round the edge of the front garden).

I asked why it would take so long and was told that it was due to a two man crew being needed to pull the cable.

Fast forward 8 weeks (Wed 8th October) and I get a single tech at the door for a 'rebury'. What made it worse was he said he didn't even have the tools for that and normally just sets up routers!

He knew the cable team was in the area so called the manager to see if they could do the cable the day they should of (Wed 5th). He said he couldn't and tried to tell me that I would have to book another appointment. I told him no way am I waiting another 8 weeks due to a VM bodge up. He agreed and said he would do an emergency job today (Fri 7th).

I called the customer service line to confirm the job would be done Friday as I  woudl have to waste another day of holiday to wait in and got bounced through 3 departments and three people. One of them actually called me back and confirmed that a team would be here on the Friday.

Guess what, here we are on the 7th and yet again no show.

I have called the complaints, sorry 'retention' number 3 times today - one bloke said he would get in touch with the area manager and call me back with an update, no call back. I called again, rather frustrated by this point, and the chap put the phone down as I was too 'abusive'. The third person said he would try to find out and call me back by 7pm this evening as it was doubtful anything would happen now. He has 15 minutes left to call me, I won't hold my breath as I don't look good as a smurf.

I have been told that an appointment was now on my record for November. Well thanks for that. Due to your ineptitude to carry out one job I have now cancelled the guys who were meant to be putting in a drive twice and again this evening. They will not be back before the end of the year as I have wasted their time and they had two or three days with no work due to the cancellations caused by your engineering teams not turning up.

All the price increases lately and you can't get someone to input the correct information into a job sheet. As you may gather, wasting two days of my holiday from work doesn't make me the happiest person, especially when I get continually lied to by your 'support' team.

Anyone want a couple of bets whether or not:
1. The guy calls me back in the next 12 minutes [EDIT: Just picked myself off the floor, he did! Well done Chris, shame the rest of the retentions team are not as customer focused as you]
2. The correct team comes out in November (this I want to change to get it done ASAP)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missed appointments and continual misinformation

Hi RyanC, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that your experience so far has been less than perfect Smiley Sad 

Re-pulls aren't able to be booked via our teams. Instead we book for an engineer to come out and then they assess things. If a re-pull is needed, they then raise this up to be booked in for you. 

I'm really sorry that this wasn't explained to you on the phone when arranging this. I have passed feedback along to the agent so they're aware of this. 

I'm glad that the Relations agent was able to give you a call back as agreed. What did he advise when he called you back? 

Let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
RyanC
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well in that case I was lied to by multiple agents in Virgin media. The guy did call back and explained that he would call back on Monday - surprisingly he didn't. So with the appointment, the one messed up by VM on the 5th and then the no show on the 7th due to pure lies from the "manager" of the gangs doing the pulls I have now been waiting for someone to contact me for over a week.

My guess is that someone will show some time in November eve though I have been promised twice that someone will be out as an emergency due to your **bleep** ups.

However - no communications apart from here and your Twitter feed where I get the lip service and endless apologies, all worth next to jack all. All the price jacks due to "improvements" - I read that as Liberty Global trying to claw back as much money as possible to fund the F1 purchase but no service to customers for the increase.

How about someone in VM actually own up that they cocked up and stop playing the phone game. Anyone that supposedly has the power to do anything doesn't take calls from the public and I have to continuosly smash my head against a wall with your "customer service" reps who read teh same script.

I have wasted two days of my leave from work waiting in for you to turn up and you can't even be bothered to call me when they say they will - its pathetic.

I will give VM until the end of the week before I start the ombudsman route.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi RyanC, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

Looking at the account, I can see since posting the repull has been done and now we're just waiting to connect you up. We do have the November appointment booked in for you however we'll only be able to come out sooner than that if there is a cancellation. 

Checking the quota available there is nothing available for you before the date already booked so it looks as though we'll need to wait until then. I know it's frustrating but it will be here before you know it. 

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
RyanC
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well, your cracking team finally, well sort of, finished the job in 14 weeks and 1 day, 2 weeks and 2 days after the appointment. However, its still a half assed job. The original cable is still in my garden with the "old" cable hanging out of the ground near the connection box - its okay, guess I have to clean up after you right, thats what I pay my bills for - to do your job. According to the crack team that came out to pull the cable, they didn't have any of the protective tubing or cement to cover the holes they made in my path to put the cable through, but again I guess thats up to me to buy and finish right?

There is a recorded letter coming your way and if the answers are not satisfactory the next stop is the ombudsman.

I have wasted 4.5 days of my holidays from work waiting in for you lot to either not turn up or the wrong person turns up and have chased you up for hours on end over the weeks.

You are more than happy to up the price of my services with you to, and to quote your glossy marketing chuff, improve the service - do you think waiting over 14 weeks is a good service?

Like I said, lets see what your complaints section try to say about everything I have documented, included photos of your half assed jobs.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi RyanC, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this and letting us know how the installation went. 

I can only apologise if things have been left in a mess Smiley Sad

In order to help resolve this, I would like a copy of the photos you've sent in. I can then go to the Area Manager for your area with these and we can get the ball rolling to get things finished flawlessly for you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
RyanC
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have replied to your PM, as it says, today the McNicholas contractors came out, said it was a disgusting mess and within hours a new crew came out and did another repull and did the job properly.

You can read more in the PM.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi RyanC, 

I passed your details over to the Area Manager yesterday but I did advise you'd be sending photos. They must have gotten someone over right away instead of waiting for the photos Smiley Happy

I'm glad to hear you are now all installed property and the mess has been tidied up. 

As far as credit is concerned, we're not able to look at this via the forum. It would be something to take up with the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Apologies again for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
RyanC
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

By all accounts my details were sent to him about 2 weeks ago, are you saying they never got there?

As for you not being able to address the credit on the forum thats fair enough, perhaps you could forward the request to the right department to save me being part of phone tennis as I have been for three months?

I did ask Rich who turned up who sent him and he said no one, it was a "check on the work done", so yet again more lies as it looks like you pushing the details to the area manager persuaded him to come and tidy up after his team bodged it up. For that, thank you - thats the fastest action I have seen in VM for months.

Again, if you could pass on the credit question to the right manager it would be appreciated.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi RyanC, 

Situations like this can get rather complicated especially when on the phones as there is a lot of back and forth. Agents on the phone usually have 1 chance to send an email and after that it's gone. 

With ourselves, we have a lot more time to look in to things and get things done which is why you'll have a much better outcome on things like this Smiley Happy 

As for passing your details over, we don't have specific email addresses for departments. We're also not in a position to enforce any action either. As much as I would love to be able to resolve this side of things, I'm not able to. 

If you'd rather not call, you could try speaking to the team online via Contact Us: Web Chat

Try them and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos