Menu
Kelly11
Tuning in
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Miss sold product no one has an answer

Joined Virgin media just under 2 months now, signed up with a virgin media agent outside the local Asda. He gave me a contract which states on it i would recieve the Big house bundle xl, 100 vivd (wifi) and phone line for £49 per month and no installation/activation charge. The agent also promised me id recieve sky movies and sky sports he stated to me that he would give me 6 months free trial of both sky movies and sky sports. I agreed as previously I was with sky and receiving both movies and sports. This was thr deal breaker for me or i would have never joined virgin media.

Anyway, since I've had virgin media installed(3 weeks now) I noticed I only have sky movies so I've contacted this agent numerous times via text messages. I have these text messages where he is agreeing that virgin should have put sky sports onto my package for me as he has informed them to do this numerous times (his words). He reassured me he would have it sorted by the end of this week.

I receive my bill 2 days ago and notice that it is £126 nothing like the 2 months (£49 x 2) I expected. All this week I've been on the phone to virgin media customer service, been promised they would look into this and I'd receive a phone call back......and nothing.

Today I've noticed my wifi and TV has been disconnected so back on the phone to virgin media I go. I speak to a lady in customer serice (I have the names of the agents I've spoken to) who asks me for the name of the agent and his contact number, she puts me on hold to speak with him. In a nutshell he states I'm lying and he did not agree to sky sports or movies and in fact I have it all wrong and that the reason my bill is £126 is because I'm getting extra fast broad band. This totally contradicts what's on the contract he gave me. Customer service lady asked me to email her my contact and proof of texts messages between myself and agent and she gives me her word she would call me back today. I email her all proof, text messages and the contract i was given. Guess what, no phone call back.

I really don't know what to do, I am so sick of this company. I have totally been miss sold a product and no one at the other end of the phone to deal with this. I've had an agent blatantly lie and now I'm without broadband or Internet and bill for £126.

I will take this further via ofcom and also visit my local add a to explain that these people are miss selling products outside there establishment.
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Miss sold product no one has an answer

My advice is for the forum team to contact you on here they will know doubt get this sorted they will take the best action for this to get sorted and not for it to happen again joñni forum helper /forum team customer they will sort this
Kelly11
Tuning in
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response. How does the forum team get in contact with you? Is it just a case of them seeing your post and contacting you on here?
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

That's correct and they will contact you via private message so they can talk further it takes a while jonni
g7rpo
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Don't you have the paperwork you got from the VM Rep? That should have the costs on it I would have thought
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thats true they should have given 1
Kelly11
Tuning in
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have the paper contract. Which states the price I'm meant to pay as well as no installation fee and the WiFi I'm meant to be receiving. I have made virgin aware of this, I have even emailed it to an agent after she called the rep who blatantly lied saying he didn't give me this deal. This is what I am telling you, I have the contract and proof via text messages yet virgin aren't listening.
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Are you sure it was virgin media with the flag stating it was them and they add the stand to prove it was them the sales team can't misslead you in selling things the team can fix this for you u can private message the team any 1 that states online there the team you talk to
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Please note, you should only send private messages to the Forum Team if specifically requested to do so.
Kelly11
Tuning in
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Yes 100 % sure. An agent at Virgin media customer service (I have her name) actual put me on hold and spoke with the agent who sold me the package. The agent who sold me the package then told her that there was a "miss understanding" when he sold me the package and denied what he actual sold me.....and what's stated on the contract....never in my life have I seen something like this. I should have stuck with Sky!
0 Kudos