Menu
myles17
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Misold a package

Can anyone advise what to do ?

I took out a package 6 months ago it was a promotion 18 months with first 6 months free. Signed up and informed my provider at the time BT who offered a retention deal. I told virgin and they counter offered by extending the deal for the full 18 months of my contract so i accepted. 6 Months later my bill doubles and i ring customer service to ask why. They say the discount is only for 6 months. I explain it was given for the whole length of contract. They say theres no evidence , the guy that sold the package has left, and the calls are only recorded for 6 months so theres no way of tracing this. The customer service chap basically said i was lying and theres nothing that can be done if i speak to a manager they will just say the same so theres no point. I asked for a cal back and didn't get one. 

Im really disappointed here as this is meant to be a big reputable company , can't believe i have been misled misold and treated like this. Where can i escalate further?

0 Kudos
dty7
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Misold a package

Hi, 

reading through the forum posts, there seem to be a number of similar cases of broken promises and mis-selling. 

Advice from Ofcom (https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint/sales) is:

--------------------------------------------------

Contact your provider's customer services department and explain your problem.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, make a formal complaint to the company. You should find details of how to do this on the back of your bill, on their website or ask their customer services.

If your provider is unable to resolve your complaint, ask for a deadlock letter. This enables you to take your complaint to an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme.

ADRs act as an independent middleman and will examine the case from both sides and reach a decision they think fair. If eight weeks have passed since you first formally complained you can contact the ADR directly.

There are two ADR schemes – Ombudsman Services: Communications, and the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS). All service providers must belong to one of the schemes.  

--------------------------------------------------

I would also raise a complaint with Ofcom, they can't help with your individual case but if they receive enough complaints about the same company they will investigate further: 

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTSwitchedWithoutPermission

0 Kudos