Menu
dadof3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mis sold contract !!

Customer of over 15 years - Completely mis sold agreed a verbal contract 9 months ago riddled with untruths to keep me as a customer and when I complained today was told that they do not have the call recording !! How can I have a verbal contract and be in contract and yet you do not have the call recording. I have cancelled my DD, sending in subject access request form and will be reporting to Ofcom - on top of all this I was continuously spoken over by 2 customer service staff and told in so many words to put up and shut up !! So annoyed will never pay you another penny and will be cancelling my fathers service whom I pay for too.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mis sold contract !!

Just cancelling the service will give you a bad credit rating and debt collectors, to get offcom to deal with issues you need a deadlock letter

0 Kudos
dadof3
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice I have asked for this and have been told it will take 40 days and will be used as part of Ofcom complaint. Blows my mind how I have entered an 18 month verbal contract but 9 months in and Virgin do not store the call when I was told a series of lies. I am sending in a Subject Access Request Form regardless as I do not understand how I can be held to a mis sold contract if it was verbal but yet the verbal confirmation call has been deleted. After 15 years of loyal business I will never ever pay them a penny again.
spell
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The other side of the coin is if VM are unable to produce a record of the conversation how can THEY evidence that you are subject of a verbal contract.by

g7rpo
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Call them and try to cancel, if they have lost the recording then there is no evidence of you entering into a contract