Menu
thomasbrennand
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mis sold Broadband package

I recently called customer services to see whether they were able to offer me a competitive price and package as the price was creeping up and other providers were looking more attractive to us. 

After 45 minutes on the call we eventually agreed a package and price which we were told included a 50mb connection speed with 20GB cap on usage - we agreed to this because the advisor told us we'd struggle to use FaceTime unless we had speeds like this, but did not need the unlimited data as we had never gone over that limit in the last 18 months.

However, after a very jolty FaceTime call we decided to check our broadband speed and it came up as 21mb.

So I phoned up technical support and spoke to a guy who told us that we were actually on a package which was 20mb (30gb cap). He wasn't able to do anything about this as it was past 8pm so couldn't transfer me, but reassured me that customer services should be able to adjust the package to honour what we were sold and retain the price.

However, having just spoken to possibly the worst customer service representative I've ever come across, we were told that the package we were sold was not available. We had already established this, but he then told us that we would have to pay £6 per month more to get the 50mb speed we were originally sold and that because the package we were sold doesn't exist and we weren't mis sold the price (just the contents of the package) that there is nothing they could do, but we have a 14 day cancelation period so we can just cancel the package and revert back to our old deal - which we'd be crazy to do as the price was very very high.

He also said that if we were mis sold on price they could look into the original sales phone conversation to see what was said and what could be done, but as it was a mis sale on product then there is nothing he could do because we were quoted the right price but the package does not exist. How can a price be right if the package doesn't exist in the first place?

When my wife asked to speak to someone higher up he said there isn't anyone higher than him.  If indeed he is indeed one of Virgin's top customer service representatives then I would seriously recommend a career change as a politician as he was very good at talking over my wife & I and not answering the questions put to him.  

Also when we agreed to the deal (that doesn't actually exist), the 50mb unlimited package offered was only £25 but now it's £28 and he couldn't even honour the price we were quoted at the time of the mis-selling. 

As an additional query, we asked the representative why our internet package had changed straight away (to the lower speed of course), but the additional TV channels we had added to the package were still not activated. He wasn't able to answer this question either, simply informing me that the system showed us as having the channels! It would appear he was unable to think outside what the system was telling him.

All in all we are really not very happy with the service we've received in the last few weeks.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mis sold Broadband package

Hi thomasbrennand

I appreciate you taking the time to pop by with your post regarding the offer you had had with retentions.

I understand that when you are unable to have an offer that has been promised this is incredibly frustrating and that information has been fed back by the other retentions agents who have since supported you in this.

I can see that a deal has been agreed on Saturday in replacement of the one that was mis-sold to you previously and that this has been accepted,

I am very sorry that you have had this experience with us to begin with but I am glad to see that this has been looked into and an alternative option provided for you by our teams.

Should you have any further package queries, they can be advised about by the community on the forums of course, but due to the security needed to assist with them, would need to be phoned in about for a resolution, as you have done.

Many thanks for taking the time to join us on the forums, and please let us know if there is anything else at all we can help with.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Matt56
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have had a similar thing happen to me recently I was going to cancel because of the price increases.
I rang up complaining about the price increase and after a lengthy phone call he put a package together with 3 different discounts and and They told me I would get 100mb sky sports and the normal to package with sky (big bundle when I first opened and account) from the new agreed package for £39 but after getting 2 bills that are over that price I rang up and have been told that the discounts on my package were only a three month introductory rate.

I did make sure to ask if there was going to be any increases because if there was I would rather have the bundle removed and go elsewhere and I was told with confidence that it was fixed for 12 months and lo and behold it's not I've put a complaint in regarding this and waiting for a corospondence now
0 Kudos
beeman1958
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the warning.

Our contract is coming to an end soon and will be phoning to cancel. I will now be on my guard.

0 Kudos