Menu
Deaconi
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mis selling!

Hi, I called virgin to discuss my billing......all of a sudden the guy offshore tells me he can change my bill to £30 lower than it is.....I say 'does my contract change?' No sir.....so you are going to reduce my bill despite none of my package changing and my contract not getting extended? 'Yes sir'....we all know what got delivered in the post and email!!!!! Ridiculous case of Mis-selling if ever I had one

Has anyone else experienced this?
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mis selling!

Deaconi wrote:
Hi, I called virgin to discuss my billing......all of a sudden the guy offshore tells me he can change my bill to £30 lower than it is.....I say 'does my contract change?' No sir.....so you are going to reduce my bill despite none of my package changing and my contract not getting extended? 'Yes sir'....we all know what got delivered in the post and email!!!!! Ridiculous case of Mis-selling if ever I had one

Has anyone else experienced this?

Any changes to a contract result in a new contract being signed, pretty standard knowledge, if you can prove it then contact customer services, otherwise its just your word against his

0 Kudos
Deaconi
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Are all virgin calls recorded? I haven't signed the contract (received it via email) and am within any cooling off period

Just wondered if anyone else experienced this
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Deaconi wrote:
Are all virgin calls recorded? I haven't signed the contract (received it via email) and am within any cooling off period

Just wondered if anyone else experienced this

VM will quote that calls "may" be recorded not that all calls are recorded, takes up a lot of space to record and archive all of those calls, you don't have to physically sign the contract for it to be in effect, i've never actually "signed" anything in the 6 years i've been with virgin and i've renewed my contract multiple times and made changes

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Deaconi, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us. Smiley Happy

I can only apologise to hear that you were misled in this way and I will ensure feedback is passed over to the agent you spoke to. 

As mentioned by shanematthews, in order for the contract to come in to effect, you just have to use the services after the cooling off period. 

I would give the team a call asap to get things reverted to before. 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Come back and let me know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos