Menu
Rodtheplod
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Minimum Virgin Media service to retain email?

My Virgin Media package consists of:

• The XL TV service
  • Broadband (Superfibre 70) 
  • Phone (landline)

My son has recently started working for Sky, and he is being offered a multi-room Sky TV package free of charge!

This is great as we (I) can end up saving a hell of a lot of money each month if we move to Sky. The only problem is, my wife and I really need to retain our @blueyonder.co.uk email addresses. (It's a long story, and I know about other mail providers - I already have Google, and Hotmail addresses - but we really need to keep our Blueyonder addresses active).

Ideally, I'd like to keep just the Virgin Media broadband service in order to retain my email address, together with the landline, but without the TV service. Is this possible?

If not, what is the minimum VM package I can have in order to retain my email address?

Thanks for any advice!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Minimum Virgin Media service to retain email?

VM (or in your case blueyonder) email is provided as part of your broadband service and has no connection to your TV package so ditching the TV service will not impact your email.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

VM (or in your case blueyonder) email is provided as part of your broadband service and has no connection to your TV package so ditching the TV service will not impact your email.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

Rodtheplod
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Ahhh - that's really good to hear! For some reason I thought that you had to have the TV service together with Broadband Smiley Very Happy

OK so now I only hope getting rid of the TV service is a decent monthly saving!

Thanks again, Scott.