Menu
lewisacollins
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Match New Customers Contracts

I was wondering what my options were regarding upgrades to my services. The offers to current customers seem a little vague and uninteresting. At present, I'm paying ~£106 for broadband up to 70mbps, the V+HD box, Talk weekends, line rental, Sky Sports (standard definition) and BT sports on top of the M+ TV package. I've been with Virgin Media since 2011.

However, I now see that for £120 per month, new customers are offered the VIP package with 2 of the TV V6 boxes, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema HD, Vivid 200 broadband and talk more anytime. This is after an introductory offer of £85 for 12 months.

I feel that now - as a loyal customer - I am left lingering with a dated V+HD box without Tivo, living with standard definition channels while newer people are getting HD sports, and not getting offered loyalty upgrades that come even remotely close to what new customers will pay after their introductory offer has ended. Adding a Tivo box adds £10 per month to my bill with a £70 installation on top. It'll cost me £7 a month for Sky Sports HD, Vivid 200 another £43, and talk more anytime yet another £27. That would take my price up to £193 per month vs. the new customer offer of £120

I don't expect to pay the introductory offer for new customers - I get that it's the loss-leading sweetner deal. I also appreciate that if I want new equipment there may be an installation charge. However, on a month by month contract, surely all Virgin Media customers should be able to pick the same packages and reach the same ultimate price. I'm currently paying a lot more for a lot less than newer old customers and my loyalty offers just aren't even remotely worth signing up to.

Is there any likelihood that I could get a semi fair upgrade to a price even remotely close to the service that new customers will be paying after their special offer price ends?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Match New Customers Contracts

You should be able to take the vip pack for £120 per month, this will give you 200 meg broadband all the channels in HD two v6 boxes and sky movies as well, your best bet would be to phone retentions as I think as you would be upgrading all 3 services you would get the boxes for free, you are overpaying atm but this tends to happen if you don't renegotiate your package from time to time

This will tie you into a new contract btw

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Match New Customers Contracts

Hi lewisacollins

I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us about the package options for you as a customer.

I hope you were able to take the advice given by @danylau and get in touch with our teams Smiley Happy

If so then that's great. Smiley Happy

If not as it's a billing or package query, then they need to be looked into and dealt with by our teams in a secure way either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 where our teams can clear security with you and look into your query in detail to support you. As the forums are public we need to advise of this in order to keep your data confidential.

Just keep us posted and let us know if we can help with anything else.

Take care and thanks again Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos