Menu
V8warrior
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Massive bill issue

I decided to cancel my services recently. After a day or so, I was contacted by a team member from VM to discuss why I wanted to cancel and if there was anything that could be done to retain my custom.

We agreed on a deal of £62.50 a month, 200Mb internet, medium home phone and 2 of the latest V6 boxes and free installation/setup.

I have now received my March bill for 79.97 with an additional charge of £196 for "line rental saver".

This was NOT agreed and I'm a bit miffed that not only has my monthly bill increased but you have the audacity to hit me with a product that I did not order or ask for.

Before you suggest I ring 150 from my home phone to deal with this, the line doesn't work - there is no dial tone. Attempting to ring from my mobile would be ok if someone either answered or the line wasn't cut off before speaking to someone.

Over to you. You're supposed to be "Red Hot, Delightfully Surprising, Do the right thing" and all the other corporate values you portray, but I'm yet to see any of these happening.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Massive bill issue

Probably not the answer you want: But you will want to ring up and speak to cancellation, likely the best lot to speak to as its UK based.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
V8warrior
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the replies.

What number is the best one to use to get to that department without being transferred from operator to operator or having to select a billion different options first?
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just call the main number 150 from your Virgin Media landline and choose the option that you are thinking of leaving them.
-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
V8warrior
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If the landline worked I would...... 🙈
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry! - I did read your first post, but forget it between reading and replying!

I'll try again!!....

A freephone number for contacting them from another landline or mobile would be 0800 052 0422 (Select option 4 and then 2).

Hope this helps

-