Menu
Highlighted
Gooner1967
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Marketing calls

Hopefully one of the mods team will pick this one up.
Since informing your company that I'm leaving I'm am now getting plagued with sales calls from Virgin.
My telephone numbers (mobile & landline) are all registered with TPS and my preferences are registered with yourselves i.e. No marketing calls
Just because I'm leaving does not change this and by ignoring these you are risking being reported to ICO

Stop the calls or I will be taking action against virgin!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Marketing calls

Hi Gooner,

Many thanks for the PM. I've popped a message back to you to confirm what actions I have taken Smiley Happy

Speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hiya @Gooner1967 not 100% sure on this but if you didn't tick the box/notify virginmedia before hand you dont want any marketing calls, virignmedia can legally call you to try and keep you to stay.. so virginmedia wouldn't be in violation of TPS.. and to be removed from all marketing campaigns can take around 6 weeks to filter down all depts.
since i dont think you can request that actioned via the forum due to issue of data protection etc
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Gooner1967
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I told them on several occasions since I've been with them so at least 5 years if not longer and as they record their calls, legally that is considered sufficient notification (used to set up call centres for a living)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

From the TPS website

Organisations with which you have an ongoing relationship, for example those who regard you as a customer, (or in the case of charities - a donor) may well gather your consent during the early stages of your relationship with them and will therefore be entitled to call you even if your number is registered on TPS, unless you have previously told them specifically that you object to them calling you for marketing purposes.

This is a Community Forum first and foremost.  I think the Forum Team can do some DPA checks via PM so I'm going to flag this to the Mods to see if they can help remove you from the marketing lists.

@ModTeam - Over to you.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gooner1967

My apologies that you are receiving unwanted marketing calls from us Smiley Sad

I appreciate this is something you want to stop so for me to look into this on your behalf I'm going to send a PM to you that you can find in the purple envelope next to your forum name.

I can then make sure that all the marketing preferences are set for you. Please be aware that if this is not set for you and this is updated by us this can take up to 6 weeks to filter to all the teams as some marketing calls are pre-loaded to scheduled calls we have planned, and these do not refresh data updates with preferences.

Additionally you can also arrange this via our contact centres on the phone via 150 or 0345 454 1111, our Webchat teams can also opt you out of these calls too.

To speak to the Webchat teams just choose the option in the column on the left that best matches your needs and tab over to the right through the menu to get to the Chat Online option.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Gooner1967
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for flagging to the mods they've been in touch
And btw I have previously told them not to contact me hence my post
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Gooner,

Many thanks for the PM. I've popped a message back to you to confirm what actions I have taken Smiley Happy

Speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos