Menu
wilson_campbell
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Loyalty discount

Hi,

Just of the phone with retention for my yearly talk (16 years with virgin and ntl). Retention person  had got the system to match plusnets £31 per month figure but then all of a sudden he stated that the system would not allow my loyalty discount anymore that I have been receiving for years meaning it went up £9 per month. I cannot believe there are no longer loyalty discounts and the price cannot be matched. Given virgins current bundle offers for tv, phone, and broadband work out to be about £31 per month and I do not have the tv in my package this is extremely strange and not what you would expect when dealing with loyal customers.

I have now had to arrange for virgin disconnection and am starting to arrange with plusnet.

0 Kudos
0-
Dialled in
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loyalty discount

Loyalty? The word no longer exists in the VM dictionary.  I also had a long running 'loyalty discount', I've been with them since Bradford Cable installed my service in October 1996 - 20 years. On my last renewal, negotiated with retentions, I was told I still had it. It dropped off after 7 months so I called to have it put back on, only to find out they would not or could not.  I've now cut back everything except broadband, losing the Tivo box and phone line, and could be paying more than I was before. Crazy. I've lost the will to go through it all again so when this contract is up I'll be moving to another supplier. The latest issues with email have seen me move my family to have accounts on my own domain name so we are not tied to Virgin any more. The 'customer service' is terrible, especially the overseas script monkeys. 

============
EE Fibre Broadband
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Looks like Virgin Media's focus is to totally move away from customer retention any loyalty offer worth mentioning to more new customer numbers!.  Yet with additional hardware provision and installation costs involved in dealing with new customers. To offer more incentives and a better price point to new customers than current hardware\installation costs covered current customers makes little sense!.

0 Kudos
wilson_campbell
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

VM, seems to have indeed abandoned current customer. They seem to believe that because they can offer seemingly high speed rates that we are going to stay with them, however they now use a lot of traffic management meaning speed are reduced anyway plus most sites you connect to will not be able to support you at those higher speeds anyway.

I used to always recommend VM to my students and family. Now cannot. Numerioustimes over the last year the speeds and response rates have dropped to such a level I thought there was a fault but when you phone up they say there is nothing wrong with your equipment and leave it at that. It is in fact heavy traffic management going on at peak times and it is fine after this period.

Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Would much sooner see lower sustainable speeds for the majority during peak times than higher speeds enjoyed by the few!.  Never get why this so called "investment in higher speed broadband speeds" comes at an often crippling service restriction during peak hours yet charges go up for all the same.  Why not simply invest in upping customers average speeds during peak hours than upping maximum speeds many care less about?.

0 Kudos
0-
Dialled in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Dave606 wrote:

Would much sooner see lower sustainable speeds for the majority during peak times than higher speeds enjoyed by the few!.  Never get why this so called "investment in higher speed broadband speeds" comes at an often crippling service restriction during peak hours yet charges go up for all the same.  Why not simply invest in upping customers average speeds during peak hours than upping maximum speeds many care less about?.

Yep, that would be good. I can't complain much as I usually get reasonable speeds even at peak times, but it can fluctuate of course. One day I'll see almost a full 200Mbps, next day it could be way down to 20Mbps. My 'wish' for Virgin media was better upload speed. I agree that downloading at 200Mbps is reliant on the remote site being able to cope with that speed, very few can. Then being restricted to 12Mbps upload seems crazy, not even 10% of the download rate. VM used to say we would get 10/1 ratio, then quietly dropped that. I'd also prefer to have people on the customer service line who know what the heck they are on about instead of telling me to switch off and back on, clear cookies, restart the superhub, change my underwear and all that. Nothing like winding up an already frustrated customer with someone following a script as they don't know what is going on in the company they work for. Even worse when you know it's a network issue and they insist on booking an engineer...

============
EE Fibre Broadband
wilson_campbell
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Tried a couple of times now to speak to staff at the "want to leave" section. Still no one can match the offers from other companies. When terminating my contract they said I will probably be contacted by some one from the out-team who apparently can give more discounts etc. They never phoned. Even tried three days ago to speak to the "want to leave department" stating that no one had phoned from the out-team and they filled out some type of online form for the out-team to contact me within 48 hours. Well 48 hrs have long gone and no contact.

Now that really does make me feel like a wanted customer. I am shocked at Virgin. They have always been so good. What has happened to them? I have now ordered BT with their £150 for free offer.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

There comes a point where it doesn't make business sense to keep you when the other suppliers are giving away their product.

0 Kudos
wilson_campbell
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

hi,

We are talking about £30 a month for broadband and unlimited phone line when the £150 comes off. This could easily be matched given their current players bundle with tv, broadband, and phone is going at £29 per month for new customers.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi wilson_campbell

I appreciate you getting back in touch with us about the retentions options you were looking for.

I understand that the call back you have requested hasn't happened and understand that you were hoping for the teams to take another look at this if they could.

If this is something you're still interested in, I'm happy to flag this back to the teams for you for them to see if this can be arranged.

Kind regards

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos