Menu
Bigter86
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Loyalty credit has gone?!?

Hi, thank you. This is not directly aimed at the community but a little something that I'd like to enquire about.

Virgin Media

When I signed up to upgrade to a TV package from the phone and broadband package that I originally had I was informed that after my promotional period ended in November that my monthly bill would be £66.48 as I had a £9 loyalty credit applied to my account. This has now since been removed and I'm paying £75.48. I've had this loyalty credit for a while now and all of a sudden it's gone! I am NOT HAPPY with this as I was sold this whole package upgrade with the understanding, agreement and intention that I'd be paying £66.48 per month and not £75.48.

WHY has my loyalty credit been removed from my account when I was assured that it would be still applied to my account! I have a feeling that this happened when my bill was taken out one month at over £80 because of an error on the system booking my on and charging me for 2 activation fees and an install fee even though I carried out a self install on my second Tivo box upstairs. This is Miss-selling of a service and I'd like a resolve please. I would like to have the £9 loyalty credit reapplied to my account please as this was guaranteed to me to stay active to my account. This might be an over sight on someone's behalf and if so I do apologise if the tone of this email is a bit much but as you may understand that when someone informs you of a price of a package that you'd be paying for each month for a service that you will be receiving you'd expect to be paying that agreed price during the contract.

I look forward to hearing your response.

Kind regards

Mr Terrence Haley

[MOD EDIT: For your security personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loyalty credit has gone?!?

Bigter86 wrote:

When I signed up to upgrade to a TV package from the phone and broadband package that I originally had I was informed that after my promotional period ended in November that my monthly bill would be £66.48 as I had a £9 loyalty credit applied to my account. This has now since been removed and I'm paying £75.48. I've had this loyalty credit for a while now and all of a sudden it's gone! I am NOT HAPPY with this as I was sold this whole package upgrade with the understanding, agreement and intention that I'd be paying £66.48 per month and not £75.48.

WHY has my loyalty credit been removed from my account when I was assured that it would be still applied to my account!

Loyalty discounts have an 18 month duration max. Also if you recontract you lose the loyalty discount you had with your previous deal, requiring a new loyalty discount to be applied. If they didn't apply a new loyalty discount whilst re-contracting then that would account for increase. Also, VM generally only apply one discount to an account, not multiple discounts.

As most billing queries can't be helped with here you'd have to call in to get a new loyalty discount applied, that would recontract you for 12 months.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loyalty credit has gone?!?

I agree. It is very clear in my contract that the 'loyalty' discount would last for 18 months in return for my contracting for a minimum additional contract period of 12. I know when to expect this to drop off and require re-negotiation.

0 Kudos