Menu
Matthew012374
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Loyalty Discount

Hello!  I have a quick query regarding a Loyalty Discount (£7) i have been receiving off my bill for the past 18 Months. This ends in April so i phoned asking whether i could receive an extended loyalty discount, and was told No.  Just seems strange why this should just end mid-way through my contract and can't be carried on-wards (as i have been with VM for an extended period of time and did receive a Loyalty Discount prior to the last 18 months if i remember correctly).

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loyalty Discount

Ring up and say you are going to leave and want to speak to cancellations - you'll get a discount then as they will want to retain your custom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
0-
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Shafreya wrote:
Ring up and say you are going to leave and want to speak to cancellations - you'll get a discount then as they will want to retain your custom.

But don't bet on it. I've been a customer over 20 years, they gave a loyalty discount, then stopped it and I was told clearly by the retentions team that they can no longer give loyalty discounts. I've already had TV and phone services disconnected and will be dropping broadband as soon as the contract period is up. 

Seems nearly all ISP's get a kick out of giving new customers an incentive to join them, then it's a swift kick to the nether regions when that contract is up. I wasn't one for swapping and changing suppliers but I'll get my BT line reconnected and have a choice of who's lies to listen to in future.

============
EE Fibre Broadband
0 Kudos
Matthew012374
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

i was also told they can no longer give loyalty discounts after the 18 months is up.  Why this is i am not sure but as i am midway through my contract, phoning up and saying i want to leave isn't really an option, so will now be paying full price for 200mb.

0 Kudos