Menu
mmj
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5 (129 Views)

Loyal customers getting worse deals?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I just wanted to give some feedback.

As Virgin customers (in its various guises) of around 20 years we were recently considering moving to Sky as it seemed to be much better value, after further research it turned out that it wasn't Sky who were better value but just that after the numerous periodic price increases over the years, we were paying £120pm for a package that wasn't nearly as good as the £120pm VIP package being offered by Virgin to new customers.

I contacted Virgin last week and got our package upgraded to VIP effectively free of charge (activation costs aside) simply because we'd already been paying so much on a monthly basis.

We are now getting the same deal/package as a new customer would (after their initial discount period) and I'd like to emphasise that we are delighted with it but I can't help but think that perhaps we deserve some sort of loyalty discount? particularly as we've not been getting great value in recent years?

We've just started a new contract so I suspect not but if you don't ask you don't get, apparently. Smiley Happy

Thanks.

Regards,
Michael

Superuser
Message 2 of 5 (115 Views)

Re: Loyal customers getting worse deals?

Every company is the same pretty much. A loyal customer is just one too lazy to move for the best deal.

You'll find most companies offer a good new customer deal, to tempt you in, and hope you don't query the price later for discount.

Best deal is change company every time contract is up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question
0 Kudos
mmj
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5 (95 Views)

I understand that but people who shop around for the best deal will simply sign up for the VIP package at £85pm for 12mths and then cancel as soon as it goes up to £120pm (unless Virgin give them another huge discount), so it's in Virgin's interest not to take their loyal customers for granted as well.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 5 (83 Views)

most people don't shop around once they are in a company if they don't have issues. This is what the business model relys on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question
Community elder
Message 5 of 5 (77 Views)

mmj wrote:

I understand that but people who shop around for the best deal will simply sign up for the VIP package at £85pm for 12mths and then cancel as soon as it goes up to £120pm (unless Virgin give them another huge discount), so it's in Virgin's interest not to take their loyal customers for granted as well.

And it will probably cost them should they do so.

A new customer will likely have an 18 months contract with the first 12 months discounted to £85 and then £120 for the final six months. Cancel after twelve months and their will be a financial penalty.

If you want a good deal then phone Retentions every time your contract is about to end and negotiate a good deal. Works all the time for me. But you will never get the initial discount again. Swap to another provider and you might but you will have to keep swapping and eventually when you go back to a provider who you have been with this previously then there is no guarantee that you will get the same initial discount again. 

You will be a returning customer not a new customer and there have been suggestions recently that the companies are getting wise to this.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team)
0 Kudos