Menu
ItsCraigo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Loyal customer sadly forced to leave

I've been with VM for around 7 years now and endured the usual 2 price hikes per year and 18 month contracts (and extreme high utilisation on Broadband every evening/weekend of around 5Mb/s for YEARS!). 

My contract for TV/Phone/Internet is due for renewal in a month and the price I'm asked to pay is around £15 per month more expensive than the new TV Mix customer deal. Apparently nothing can be done about this. I would actually like my broadband increasing because my current 50Mb connection only works at around 10% capacity and the high utilisation policy Virgin inflict is tiered meaning if you're on 150Mb you'll be be restrcited to around 50Mb - which is completely fine as you'll not notice the degraded connection. I also wanted to add another Tivo box and would pay more over the current variety bundle price of £39 per month but with the above request, I'm asked to pay £46 per month for 6 months and then £58 for the other 6!?

Anyway, enough waffle. As a loyal customer I'm reduced to trying to haggle a price near to that which any stranger off the street can simply get no questions asked?

Virgin, if that's your business model, I'm headed straight to Sky fibre for a Q box and multiroom. I'm actually disgusted by the way your retensions staff spoke to me too. It was like speaking with a car sales man from the early 70's. The level of greed and falseness was demeaning. Bartering for £2 off the contract each month simply stinks of commissions retension and NOT customer or loyalty retension.

Sorry Virgin. You're no longer the best in town - on all fronts!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loyal customer sadly forced to leave

Hi It'sCraigo, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that the team did not make you feel valued enough to want to stay with us. Smiley Sad

More often than not we will try and go through the services you have to see if there is something we can do to keep you as a loyal customer. As you are wanting to change broadband tiers, this gives you more of an advantage as higher deals come with more flexibility.

I would avoid looking at online prices as these are for new customers only. You'll be entitled to the same deals just without any promotional offer. 

Try the team one more time on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to check things again. 

Come back and let us know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

or give 30 days notice and wait for the phone calls offering you this and that - not a certainty but as you have Sky in mind it will do no harm to let them [VM] do the work of trying to keep you

Tony
0 Kudos
technoflare
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I cancelled today as they couldn't offer me the same as an automated offer I got first time I called.  BB and Phone is now over £8 more expensive with VIrgin for me than BT, Sky, TT or Plusnet.  The hub produces a patchy wifi signal at best.  If I get a call from them with a reasonable offer I may change my mind but as it stands the deals are just far too much.

0 Kudos