Menu
tishaC
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Loss of Broadband -refund

Hi,

On Jan 31st 2017 at 5pm we had no broadband in the HA8 area for 2 days until Feb 2nd

00.30am, my neighbours in the area all had the same issue.I have been charged full price and i phoned to complain, Robert assisted me and he said there is nothing showing that we had no service.

He said he could not give me a refund and i had to write to Head office to complain.

How comes when i have just checked with one of my neighbours they had told her she could have a £7 refund and we live right next door to each other ? we had the exact same issue and how come they acknowledge to her that they knew there was a problem and now to me they say there is no record !

I'm fuming at being lied to and run round in circles, it was bad enough having no internet \tv FOR 2 nights with not even one apology, i had to spend money getting extra data from my mobile network

to do anything online, then to phone them it cost me and just to be fobbed off !

How/Who can i complain to to get a satisfactory response please anyone ?

Thanks so much in advance 

Tisha 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of Broadband -refund

Did you get the fault ref. number for the fault when it was listed in service status? Even if you didn't, the staff member could have looked into the logs to see a list of faults which have affected a part of the network. Odd that he said nothing was showing though, you could ask them to check the connection's to see signs of it.

If I were in that situation I'd discuss it with the Customer Relations Team (because they're UK based and generally helpful/competent.) You can reach them by ringing 0345 454 1111 from phone / 150 from a VM phone -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> Option 4 -> Option 5.

It is the case that the staff here have recently started helping out with getting credits applied. So maybe when a member of the favicon.png Forum Team picks up on your topic in up to two weeks they'll maybe be able to assist. No guarantees there though.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
tishaC
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of Broadband -refund

Hi, I don't know where the fault number could be found probably online somewhere ? I couldn't connect to the internet as it was down and I no longer have a TiVo box or virgin phone. I might try ringing again as I have the exact time and dates that all of Ha8 postcode was down. It was Jan 31st 5pm until Feb 2nd 00.30.
I'm going to get neighbours to phone too as others have had no apology or refund either.
Thanks for responding and advising me, I'm very grateful.
0 Kudos