Menu
pippinf
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Loss of Broadband for just over 8 hours

The 16th Feb I lost total Broadband from 19:00 right to 10.00 a.m the following day, my complaint is that I work from home & due to this loss of Broadband meant that I wasn't able to work & lost a days worth of wages & work, what could I do about getting this reimbursed as this wasn't my fault & so far this has happen at least 3 times & I'm coming up to a year with Virgin them self's, whilst I don't expect perfect network but I'd not expect to be without Broadband for that length of time. I've tried to ring but keep been held in a never ending q. 

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of Broadband for just over 8 hours

I suspect you are flogging a dead horse regarding compensation.  Such outages are to be expected from time to time.   Anyway, if you are relying on it for work you should have a Business connection, not a domestic one.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you are using it for work ... then you needed a business account before any compensation could be discussed ..IMHO ... ZVNK ...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi pippinf

Thanks for dropping by with your post about the loss of broadband Smiley Sad

I am glad to see this was rectified within the 8 hour period and that this is working as it should be for you.

The service we provide is a residential service and we do not compensate for business impact if you choose to use the residential services to support your business or employer by working from home.

If a business account is something you would need to better benefit you as a customer then you can chat to the teams about this using the contact options on their site. Virgin Media Business

Our information about the residential Loss of Service Credits can be found on our site.

Loss of Service Credit Guidelines - Fibre Optic

I hope you were able to get in touch with the teams to discuss this after you posted but if not, if you'd like to chat to the care team about the impact to your services then please drop them a call or Webchat either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat  where our teams can clear security with you and look into this further for you.

Thanks again and  let us know how this goes for you Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos